Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2018, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,811 times

Advertisements

Hello to all, and I am so excited to start a new job in Florida, was looking for some help for things I need to know when I move there. My move time is sometime this coming June, now I enjoy beaches, food and drinks water activities and just a laid back chill environment . I will be renting at first and my work will be in Boca Raton, but I have narrowed my places to live to these

Fort Lauderdale
Palm Beach
Boyton Beach
Pompano Beach
Wellington
Coral Springs

Also is there anything else I need to be prepared for, thank you for your help.

TL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 12:20 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,386,981 times
Any of those areas might work... Wellington is a little far from Boca depending on where in Boca.
Some areas are more affordable depending on the price range you are looking for.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:13 AM

3,284 posts, read 1,788,238 times
Wellington and Coral Springs are ridiculous .. too far, too boring for a working person.
And Palm Beach is for brazillionaires.. I think you mean West Palm, but still, why not live in, uh Boca?
Area around Mizner Park is getting interesting .. in a good way, but much depends on your budget.

Boca NO?..
So check out Deerfield Beach or Delray which are pretty active and have lots of inventory.
All three are in a good spot halfway between WPB and FLL and accessible to both areas for nightlife and airports.
But there's still lots of action in the 'Del Boca Vista' area for all tastes... even little Lake Worth is growing an artsy/gay vibe nowadays!

Good luck..

Old 04-08-2018, 09:16 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,410,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
why not live in, uh Boca?.

This

Old 04-08-2018, 03:29 PM

32 posts, read 49,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2017 View Post
Hello to all, and I am so excited to start a new job in Florida, was looking for some help for things I need to know when I move there. My move time is sometime this coming June, now I enjoy beaches, food and drinks water activities and just a laid back chill environment . I will be renting at first and my work will be in Boca Raton, but I have narrowed my places to live to these

Fort Lauderdale
Palm Beach
Boyton Beach
Pompano Beach
Wellington
Coral Springs

TL
Pretty much any area other than Riveria Beach in Palm Beach County is terrific. I have never lived in Broward County, but I've heard that there are tons of great areas to live in also. It's wonderful that you will be renting straight away as you will be able to have some time to discover which area hits your sweet spot.

You will find this area of Florida is a terrific place to live. Have you ever been down this way? Where are you coming from? I'm sure you will love the area. Most people do. Welcome.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:53 AM

35 posts, read 65,902 times
The most popular areas are

Boca Raton
Delray Beach
Boynton Beach
Lake Worth (west)
Wellington

Boca Raton and Wellington tend to have the best schools. The best areas to "chill" and enjoy restaurants and shopping would be Delray Beach and Boca Raton.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:34 PM

22 posts, read 25,590 times
Default Go Wellington!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2017 View Post

Fort Lauderdale
Palm Beach
Boyton Beach
Pompano Beach
Wellington
Coral Springs

TL

I have lived in Wellington since the early 1980's. I am single and a "little" older and have always felt comfortable here. Wellington is a great place if you are looking for a family friendly environment. We have great schools, plenty for the entire family to enjoy here as well. There is the Wellington Amphitheater which offers Friday night movie nights, Thursday night Food Truck invasions, Saturday night concerts, school functions, etc We have a Wellington Idol competition for all, Easter Egg hunt, Father and Daughter dances and more. There is the Wellington Aquatic Cente which has Olympic size pool, dive and swim lessons, water playground etc. Wellington Tennis, Many Wellington Parks including a park for "All Abilities", a dog park, walking trails etc. We have Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Fresh Market etc there is a Wellington Mall with all the big names. A Home Depot & Lowes close by. Many restaurants, movie theatres.

There are gated communities, manned-gated communities, HOA and No HOA communities, Single Family homes, townhomes etc. We have been rated in the Top 50 and Top 100 Great Places to Live. In the winter there are Polo Games, the Wellington Equestrian Festival with horse and riders from all over the world including Olympic riders.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,338 times
One factor to consider is the length of your commute. I-95 is clogged at rush hour and a commute to or from Fort Lauderdale could take an hour when things are bad, and more than a half hour when things are good. You could have an hour more time to yourself if you live in Boca or near it. If you're renting at first, there are lots of affordable choices on the east side of Boca, near downtown and beaches.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:15 AM

17,104 posts, read 21,763,237 times
Next thread: Wow rent in this area is insane!

Im making fifty thousand but a one bedroom is going to cost 2K a month, in Mayberry USA 2K gets you a 10 acre ranch with a barn, a 4 bedroom house and a pool!

Old 05-27-2018, 10:35 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,441,841 times
Boca Raton is by far the most logical choice. Wellington would be a ridiculous commute. It could take one hour depending on where in Boca. I would limit your search to Boca, Delray, and Boynton. Everywhere else is too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach