Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,087 times

Advertisements

west side of west palm near wellington is very nice. I would suggest short term rental agreement in an area near work until you are able to get to know your surroundings and move to a more permanent location. no matter what anyone says nothing beats working near home. The traffic is terrible no matter where you go that's why is best to stay as close as possible without sacrificing safety. but you didn't tell us were in palm beach you'll be working, palm beach its self is very big. hope this helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 08:24 AM

17 posts, read 78,817 times
I will be working at Palm Beach Day Academy on Flagler. I am interested in Jupiter, but dismayed that there is so little online. I have a small son and don't feel that moving twice in a school year is feasible. I like the look of Amli at Ibis, but think that it is too far. My mother is also relocating to watch my son, but she is looking for a 55+ community, but I don't see any except in Boynton, which I read isn't that safe. We would spend up to $1150, but she would like to spend less than $800. The websites all look great until you read apartmentratings.com and hear about the police, the drunks in the pool, etc.!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:50 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,049,369 times
apartments suck..period. They are low class renters that could give three craps about the place, the people around them. I will NEVER live in an apartment again.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Any comments on Village Place apartments, on Brandywine or Seabreeze apartments on north congress in Riviera???

Old 05-24-2008, 02:52 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Jeninrome, I would NOT recommend that area AT ALL!

If you're working at Palm Beach Day Academy, I would suggest trying to rent in the Cityplace area or in the Southern neighborhoods. You'll be 1-2 miles from work and save so much in $ you'll love it.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:21 PM

142 posts, read 471,224 times
Default Palm Beach

Condos in Cityplace, off Rosemary are perfect. Lots of shops, restaurants, beach a few blocks away. In this market your price range should be fine. Good luck!

Old 05-25-2008, 01:37 PM

I still don't know where my mother can live! She cannot afford 1100 a month and anything near her price range seems to be in a bad area. What are the "Southern neighborhoods".

Old 05-25-2008, 08:45 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Jeninrome, I sent you a private message.

Does your mother have to live in a 55 plus community? I ask because I recommend you looking in the Southern neighborhoods of Flamingo Park and Grandview Heights. These areas are historic neighborhoods just South of City Place. They are mostly homes, but they do have cottages and apartments for rent in your mother's price range for under $800/month.

Similarly, they have homes in your price range to rent.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 14,742 times
Default RENTAL IN PALM BEACH COUNTY (Wellington)

Hi There:

I know of a perfect area in West Palm (a new development/gated community) that might fit what you're looking for. This 3-bedroom 1 family house will soon be available. You might want to give Steve Teratoni a call at Rent Florida Realty: 561-478-5616. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
Hi, I'm up for a position in West Palm Beach, Fl. I'll be moving from a quiet town in PA about 45min from downtown Philly. I live in suburbs and I'm just so far from EVERYTHING. What I'd really like to have is a neighborhood that has cafes and restaurants within walking distance and the beach close by. Nice movie theatres and bookstores close by would be great also. I'll be renting and can afford anything up to about 1500-2000 a month. I'm 31 no kids moving with 26yr old sis. We don't do clubs but we like upscale restaurants once in a while. We just want a great area that isn't far away from everything.

I did some research and I like the Las Olas Blvd area because there seems to be so much to do. With the job being in West Palm Beach I'm wondering if Fort Lauderdale would be too much of a commute? I'm wondering if Boca would be better since it's in the middle? I'm used to a long commute to work of about 45min. I think I rather get the lifestyle I want more than worry about commute. I'd really appreciate any words of advice. Of course I'll be visiting the areas before I move I'd just like a heads up about the best neighborhoods with my criteria from people with experience. Thank you!
I would suggest living in downtown West Palm Beach by City Place where there are some nice upscale restaurants, movie theater, Kravits Center and it's close to the beach. 15 minutes north you have Palm Beach Gardens and 15 minutes south you have Delray Beach both with a ton of stuff to do. You can't go wrong living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach