Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:10 PM

9 posts, read 92,015 times

Advertisements

Sorry in advance, this post might be long!

My husband and I currently live in PA. We are ready for a lifestyle change. We have two sons, ages 3 and 4. I am currently a stay-at-home mom and writer. When my youngest starts school, I am will be attending college for writing and psychology. My husband is currently attending college to get his elementary education degree. So basically, my question is...with those two careers and two young children, which beachside town in Florida would you recommend checking into? We need one fairly reasonable in price. The house we own near Philadelphia, PA we purchased for $190,000...I dont know what that equals to in Florida (I know cost of living and prices differ from area to area.) When we move, we would not want to go that high...we would like to stay under $100,000 to free up more money for activities and entertainment. We don't really have a set area of Florida in mind...just something very close to the beach and that would be good with our careers and raising a family. ANY suggestions, input, opinions is very welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 51,657 times
Nothing really available in Northern Palm Beach County in that price range. Sorry. Wish it still was that way.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:25 PM

923 posts, read 3,082,225 times
Try Panama City Beach, I have rented and owned up and down the east and west
coast and PCB is by far the nicest !!! The whole area has been completely revamped
with beautiful new condos and homes. I spent all last winter there and loved it !!
Cheapest and nicest beach town you will find.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:52 AM

42 posts, read 185,158 times
Default Panama City, Pensacola

Gulf Coast side is beautiful and still somewhat reasonable. I've visited there and wish I lived there. So, I agree with the other poster. Panama Beach is turning around from the "college spring break" mecca to something much nicer. I'm probaby going to move to Florida, on the east coast side, 'cause that's where the job is. But if I could live where I want to live, it would be in Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach or farther south along that area down to Panama City.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM

6,869 posts, read 11,179,433 times
Smile Try St Augustine

It is on the east coast.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:56 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,498,132 times
Try Melbourne Florida for that price range.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:27 PM

9 posts, read 68,981 times
Default areas

Cocoa Beach, Indiatlantic and Satellite Beach are, on the Southeast coast, relatively inexpensive. You can probably find a 2-3 bedroom condo for $100K there, but it won't necessarily be right by the beach.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,498,132 times
Melbourne

Old 08-20-2010, 03:25 PM

706 posts, read 1,304,906 times
The wonderful thing about Florida is there are so many beautiful beaches. The housing bust has really made it affordable for some to dream about something close to the beach without spending 400 or 500K.

I am also poking around at different areas. I am 32 single and looking for a place to go in the winter and relax. I have been looking at Vero, New Symanara (spelling?) and Melbourne.

Any suggestions?

I am also seriously considering just getting something cheap in either Orlando or Miami. However, Miami looks like it is still pricey.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:03 PM

55 posts, read 226,387 times
That would be for 2011 in Palm Bay, Florida that connects to Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Cocoa and only within approx. 1 hour to most all major attractions and within a couple hrs to Miami, Jacksonville, and many other hot Florida spots and one hr from Orlando, Tampa is about 1.25 hrs. I am a Florida native with much experience at living in various areas (early retired due to disabilities from serving our country in Iraq) and for the price of things now that is your best bet accept it is a growing area in and around Brevard county like no other you may have experienced. I am speaking of 4 new cities (Harmony on the Osceola/Brevard county line-is less than 30 min from Melbourne which is mainly the heart of Brevard county,, other 3 are a part of Brevard county: Suntree, Viera, Bayside-all 3 connecting to Melbourne and surrounding areas of Melbourne/Palm Bay) within the past 20 years, although it does have about all to offer for families if you like the still not so much to do (in your own neighborhoods) unless you drive everywhere you go within 5-15+ minutes (depending on what you like) some of the best hospitals, colleges that offer easy financing, beaches, entertainment, it is just that you have to know someone that knows the area or get with a group that does so you will understand where to go for the best prices. Even most area restaurants, etc offer daily or certain day of the week specials and if you actually look up in the newspapers provided free (I believe 2 of them) and the Florida today paper than you will realize how much there really is out there in that area. Home prices have crumbled to the brink of average 3bdrm/2bath and dbl car garage in nice neighborhoods to approx. $750+ per mo for homes I know were appraised at the 1/4 mil. $ mark only 3 years ago. Personally, I wish Florida had more small town atmosphere left compared to now-I highly miss it-very few locations and the people have gotten $money hungry and lost their hospitality in a lot of areas- (I am speaking of towns mainly in the Northern part of the state excluding the panhandle to say from Ocala on up and over both sides in a lot of areas-not everyone-some still have that nice hospitality say, like around the west side of Gainesville area) Best of luck to all and God Bless America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach