Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:06 PM

15 posts, read 71,877 times

Advertisements

From what I have heard Boynton Beach (West Boynton) is one of the best places in Palm Beach County. They call it the new Boca. I was blown away by how nice it is and the newness of everything. Manny561 it seems like you have something against Boynton Beach. Everyone that I have talked to that live in the area moved there from Boca, Parkland and Coral Springs. That has to mean something plus you cannot compare East Boynton and West Boynton. They are completely different worlds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 02:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
It looks like a new part of Orange County, CA without all the hills, but that technically isn't IN Boynton as those areas are unincorporated. The actual city of Boynton looks pretty bad, just drive down Seacrest. Keep in mind that in those nice glitzy looking new areas you are only 10 minutes away from that.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM

In Boca Raton you can be living in an area east around million plus dollar homes and in 5 minutes you can be by one of the worst parts of Deerfield Beach and even the bad part of Dixie Hwy that goes through Boca. There is good and bad in every city and the good and bad are not to far apart.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
That section of Deerfield is in no way comparable to incorporated BB. Believe it or not, Deerfield has a lower crime rate than Boca as of 2007. I can hardly believe it actually, but it does. Don't get me wrong I do agree with you, but I think it's a greater extreme. The problem with PBC is that there is little visible middle class. It's mostly those heavily guarded, gated communities, retirees, and dilapidated neighborhoods.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That section of Deerfield is in no way comparable to incorporated BB. Believe it or not, Deerfield has a lower crime rate than Boca as of 2007. I can hardly believe it actually, but it does. Don't get me wrong I do agree with you, but I think it's a greater extreme. The problem with PBC is that there is little visible middle class. It's mostly those heavily guarded, gated communities, retirees, and dilapidated neighborhoods.

I think though that there is a misconception about the "extremes" of Palm Beach County, which, although highly pronounced, are not all there is to PBC. I think your point about "visibility" of the Middle Class is spot on. The places people go - the touristy areas, areas near the highway, etc. often paint

One day I'll write extensively about this, but in the meantime, I would recommend everyone interested in Palm Beach County check out the "Florida Home Series":

Florida Home: House, garden, fine living, decorating, home improvement tips and advice for Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/home_garden/index.html - broken link)

It showcases a variety of neighborhoods in Palm Beach County, from the glamorous to the working class. (Use the pull down menu to select past neighborhood profiles).

Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 PM

6 posts, read 19,780 times
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
I agree with most of that, but I wouldn't consider Pahokee a city. Pahokee is a third world country.
Shame on you--that was terrible.

Except I can't stop laughing.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
1.Riviera
2.Belle Glade
3.Lake Worth
4.West Palm
5.Boynton Beach
C'mon mang, you live in Lantana, which to me is worse than Boynton Beach. Many parts of it are very similar to Lake Worth, though admittedly better.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,559 times
nah bro boynton is way worse than lantana. drive down seacrest and tell me its better than lantana. the only real bad parts of lantana are 12th, 13th, and 14th street, san castle, and the north north side that goes into lake worth.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 PM

it is amazing the bad rap that Boynton is getting. I find it somewhat puzzling. Someone has issues with Boynton. I can't come across anyone that does not like living there, yet I can finds loads of people that hate Boca. Go figure.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:58 PM

6 posts, read 19,780 times
Default What planet are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansf View Post
it is amazing the bad rap that Boynton is getting. I find it somewhat puzzling. Someone has issues with Boynton. I can't come across anyone that does not like living there, yet I can finds loads of people that hate Boca. Go figure.
I live here, and I can't wait to get out. I even live in a "nice" part. I am sick and tired of always having to look over my shoulder. You couldn't GIVE me this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach