Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 AM

792 posts, read 3,136,916 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a prospective job opportunity in Palm Beach Gardens (PBG)and I have done a small amount of research on the area. If the job opportunity were to come to fruition I would initally live in Pompano Beach and take Tri Rail to the West Magnolia terminuous. There I would catch a shuttle van to work. With high fuel prices (and company discount) I think this would be a very smart idea. But if i am correct the commute could be 90 mins. door-to-door.

Long term I may want to live further north and closer to work. But I'd still like to be close to Tri Rail to use it to visit friends in Boca and Pompano Beach. But I heard there are some VERY tough localities along I-95 and Tri Rail. The two (decent?) towns that come to mind for consideration are Deerfield and Delray Beach. The only towns off the Tri Rail path that I don't know too much about are PBG and Jupiter (but again that's a bit too north and not on Tri Rail).

Looking for a community/locality which tends to be young, co-ed, professional, social, athletic/outdoorsy types. Any suggestions on places to consider and avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 02:34 PM

55 views, no replies anyone?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:44 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
The only other place that would be acceptable in my opinion would be downtown West Palm Beach, which has a tri-rail station.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:35 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,049,369 times
Deerfield is not that bad...

Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM

12 posts, read 51,659 times
Hello. My husband and I live in downtown Delray and we love it here. I take the train to Miami. When I don't have a car to get the station I take the free shuttle bus that goes from downtown to the station. There are some developments that I guess would be in walking distance to the station, but the station is in a commercial area. The downtown area is very nice. Atlantic Ave is lined with restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. It is definitely a bit quieter in the summer, but still buzzing on weekends. The town also has lots of special events, fireworks for holidays, jazz on the ave, and a steady supply or festivals.

I don't know what it is like to live in Deerfield, but there is a sort of intersection by the beach with a cluster of restaurants. The beach area here is also very nice.

Good luck.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:56 PM

7 posts, read 88,084 times
My opinion... I think your crazy for wanting to live that far south and commute up here to PBG. There are so many nice areas to live in up here! I know u need the tri-rail but there are bus services u can take. I wouldn't live anywhere south of PGA Blvd in Palm Beach County and u couldn't pay me to live in Broward or Dade county!!!!! Why live that far south in the slum when u can live in PBG or Jupiter where is beautiful and nice....

Old 07-07-2008, 08:27 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,372 times
It's doable for the commute. Yes, it may take 90 minutes door-to-door, but you're not actively driving that 90 minutes. My husband recently started a job in Palm Beach Gardens and we live in West Boca. He, along with a few other employees, have campaigned to get an earlier shuttle bus. Currently, there's a shuttle that meets the 7:05am train at Mangonia Park that will then drive a few employees to businesses near PGA Blvd. That current situation doesn't help my husband or his co-workers because they have to be at work at 7am.

The other company that they're partnering with for the shuttle has to still hire a driver before they can have the earlier shuttle (we're still confused on this one--have the 7:05 guy make an earlier run or get another maintenance man to do it). Until then, he's driving. It's 40 miles one way. It only takes him like 45 minutes in the morning, but the afternoons are awful (minimum 1 hour, usually MUCH longer). Or like this morning I had to drag myself out of bed at shortly after 5am to take him to the train station. Ugh!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 AM

20 posts, read 87,541 times
If you have the option, definitely live in the Palm Beach Gardens area especially if you are going to work there. I would say don't live further south than Northlake. Lots of great places around PGA and there is a ton to do up there.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The only other place that would be acceptable in my opinion would be downtown West Palm Beach, which has a tri-rail station.
Have to check this out next time down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Deerfield is not that bad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvej View Post
I don't know what it is like to live in Deerfield, but there is a sort of intersection by the beach with a cluster of restaurants. The beach area here is also very nice. Good luck.
I do like Deerfield Beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvej View Post
Hello. My husband and I live in downtown Delray and we love it here. I take the train to Miami. When I don't have a car to get the station I take the free shuttle bus that goes from downtown to the station. There are some developments that I guess would be in walking distance to the station, but the station is in a commercial area. The downtown area is very nice. Atlantic Ave is lined with restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. It is definitely a bit quieter in the summer, but still buzzing on weekends. The town also has lots of special events, fireworks for holidays, jazz on the ave, and a steady supply or festivals..
Sounds like more social activity here than Deerfield?

Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,278 times
do an resorts ever hire live in maintenance in the beach areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach