Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times

Advertisements

Stay east of Federal Highway(which is east of dixie hwy). College Park is the best neighborhood which just north of 18th ave north, east of Dixie. It is where the mayor resides. The worst area i would say it from 6th Ave South till you get into Lantana in between I95 and dixie. Especially what is known as "The Triangle" In between the railroad tracks and Wingfield St. South of 12th ave south. If you look on google maps The Border of this neighborhood is a triangle. This neighborhood includes 13th ave s, 14th ave s, 15th ave s, Washington ave, Wingfield St, South J st, and South K st. By far the worst neighborhood in lake worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor View Post
No, I'm sure it's Lake Worth, that's what her address says anyway.

It IS Lake Worth.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM

3 posts, read 16,549 times
Manny Thanks for responding. I live in NY and have no idea about the area. The streets you mentioned have no significance to me. Are you familiar with the location I mentioned, Jog Rd near Winston Trails golf course and Lake Charleston community?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:12 AM

That is not the city of lake worth. It is west boynton. Very nice, and expensive. Really anywhere off jog is not bad. But it is also very boring, and a what i like to call "cookie cutter" community. there is no character to anything out there. its all the same. If you like that kind of thing i guess it is a nice community, but i rather stay in the incorporated cities, as they have more history, and you actually feel like your in a city.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Winston Trails Golf Club
6101 Winston Trails Boulevard
Lake Worth, FL 33463

Our borders are senseless.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM

10 posts, read 43,567 times
Yea, your right, I use to live in West Boyton and everybody thought I lived in the ghetto until they came to my house. Its just for mailing purposes, we use the boynton Beach post office. By they way, Ilived in Lake Charleston, nice affordable nieghborhood. Lots of house (like mine ) back to lakes. Really nice.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
No, that is untrue. The areas are in unincorporated Palm Beach County, meaning they're not located in any city. The statistics are not counted in the official census. Since the area is so close to Boynton and some of the areas out there also use Boynton addresses the area has been dubbed West Boynton, even though it's not considered Boynton Beach either... hence the reason why it's called WEST (and the Beach part is taken out to emphasize that it's not near it).

They can say that they're proud all they want. Doesn't make them correct. Lake Worth doesn't even extend far west of the highway. The western portion is Lake Worth Corridor, a different city itself. That is in the census as its own city. Once you're past South Military Trail it does not count so it's not considered Lake Worth or Lake Worth Corridor, it just uses those addresses since that is where their post offices are located.
couldnt have said it better myself. alot of the actual incorporated coastal cities dont extend far beyond
congress if not 95. watch the news whenever they talk about something that happened just west of any of the cities, they add suburban to the front of it. suburban west palm, suburban lake worth, suburban boynton beach, so on and so forth.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM

9 posts, read 20,706 times
I am looking to rent in the South Palm Park neighborhood of Lake Worth on 18th Ave South a few blocks east of Federal Hwy. Does anyone know if this is a safe area??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach