Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:58 PM

9 posts, read 69,166 times

Advertisements

Good heavens. You have to be bilingual to live in Lantana? That's just plain silly. The only problem I have, socially speaking, with Lantanta is that it lacks a real "downtown" district with shops, bars, restaurants, etc. There's a small, three-block stretch of restaurants by the intracoastal waterway, but that's about it.

Delray, Lake Worth and West Palm (all withing 5-15 minutes of Lantana) all have active downtown areas with plenty of activities for young single professionals....bars, restaurants, coffee houses, etc., etc.

Like any place in the world, there are good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods in all these towns...you just have to be selective in where you settle. Anyone who tells you that a particular town is flat-out all-bad...or all-good for that matter...is deluded.

And as far as having trouble finding friendly people...it depends on how friendly you are yourself. This area is FILLED with transplants from around the country...seems like everyone is new to the area, and usually quite open to making new friends.

No, South Florida isn't a tiny town where everyone knows you by name immediately. It's a large urban area; one of the largest in the country. Yes, it might take a little work, but if you can't make friends in a place like Florida, with all the young people and all the things there are to do here...then you probably need to move back to wherever you came from. ;-)

Yes, Lauderdale and Miami have even MORE stuff to do...but it really depends on what you're looking for. You can go out to a different club/restaurant/lounge/bar every night of the week in Palm Beach County and never hit the same one twice in a year. In Miami and Lauderdale...maybe it's more like never hit the same one twice in three years. If that is a big difference to you...then bear that in mind.

The people who decry the lack of things to do around here...I don't know...they just baffle me. If you can't find things to do in a tropical paradise like this...you're in trouble. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,396 times
We found a house for sale in Lantana on Tulip Drive for a very cheap price that needs some work. Can anyone tell me about the area, surrounding houses, neighborhood, value of houses, crime, people, etc. Also, what is Lantana like? How far to the water? Is this a nice area, why? We are looking for a vacation home. What type of entertainment is there in the area? We aren't super fancy people, just really like to relax, get out occassionally, etc. Thanks sooo much for your help!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrilla Green View Post
We found a house for sale in Lantana on Tulip Drive for a very cheap price that needs some work. Can anyone tell me about the area, surrounding houses, neighborhood, value of houses, crime, people, etc. Also, what is Lantana like? How far to the water? Is this a nice area, why? We are looking for a vacation home. What type of entertainment is there in the area? We aren't super fancy people, just really like to relax, get out occassionally, etc. Thanks sooo much for your help!!!
are you talking about 101 tulip tree?
It's not far from the intracoastal, but that area isn't too nice. The house needs a lot of work as well. Judging from the listing it will need as much in rehab costs as it would to buy it.
I found 4 homes just North of Hypoluxo that would probably be a little better for your situation.RMLS RES Customer No VT Report

Old 06-25-2010, 12:19 AM

38 posts, read 139,015 times
delray, somewhere close to swinton.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:16 PM

12 posts, read 28,001 times
I'd stay away from Lantana. I won't even work in Lantana. If you look in the West Palm Beach area Royal Palm, Wellingtong and Acreage are good areas. If you go N. Florida you'll have North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter. BEST schools ever...but very pricey.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,663 times
Default school

where can i have openings for work with the schools system in lakeworth or lantana, iam in a school system here in Tennessee. i dont know a web site to go to any help

Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 PM

355 posts, read 913,244 times
Employment Opportunities

Not trying to be mean, but I hope you're typing on a phone. I'd use a little better grammar/spelling if you are looking for a teaching job.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brie727 View Post
Hi...me and my boyfriend are looking to move to florida sometime in June of next year. I found a nice place in Lantana, but I haven't read or heard too much about it. We're both 25 and will be moving from Massachusetts. Any input would be greaty appreciated! thank you
Thinking you might need a 'younger' area.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:56 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
Oh please. Spare me. All of South Florida is a young area. Its also a retiree area, an area for families and an area for the middle aged, still like to partiers like me as well as the middle ages that like to stay home.

Different neighborhoods might have varying strengths and weaknesses, for living needs.

Lantana is basically south Lake Worth and north Boynton. From Palm Beach Gardens on south to the tip South Florida is basically one big city. I agree its gone downhill since I first saw it circa 1993. I had some time to kill while traveling up 95 to visit a friend and randomly got off 95 on Lantana and headed east to find a beach. I found a nice sleepy one. And the area seemed nice old Florida.

I drove the same route on Monday for work and felt no inclination to search out a beach. It could still be nice I suppose, but the area HAS changed.

Yes there are lots of minorities (doesn't that make them the majority?) but if you're not scared of people different then you it should not be a problem. I do love that when people here hear that you are 25 and moving from Massachusetts its automatically assumed that you're white bread.

Florida is still hard on employment though. Plenty of underpaid people around and that leads to simple lack of funds to keep up properties.

Don't rule out any one area, come down for a week and drive around, a lot.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 AM

23 posts, read 44,301 times
West Lantana is nice. East isn't so great. East in my opinion is like old school. If you can find something in Boynton beach near the mall area, it would be nice. Gateway and Congress Ave. It's fairly new construction. Lot's of good restaurant =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach