Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
City Pizza in City Place is one of my favorites. A little place called "Ambrosia" off Dixie in West Palm Beach just south of Okeechobee Blvd. also boasts being named "Best Pizza in South Florida" by some or other publication at some point.
city pizza is pretty good. . . not new york, though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
city pizza is pretty good. . . not new york, though

There IS no "New York", when it comes to pizza. New York has fantastic pizza and New York has awful pizza - the same goes for just about anywhere.
Unless, of course, when you say "New York", you are referring to the style of the pizza. Same results, though. Great New York "style" pizza can be found all over the country, just as lousy New York style pizza can be found anywhere in the country, including in New York.
The entire cliche about "New York pizza" is a relic of times long, long gone. It doen't take a genius to make a great pizza, and that whole "it's the water" arguement is just plain stupid.
Happily, it's just a phone call away to get the best pizza! :-)

Old 07-31-2009, 02:14 PM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
There IS no "New York", when it comes to pizza. New York has fantastic pizza and New York has awful pizza - the same goes for just about anywhere.
Unless, of course, when you say "New York", you are referring to the style of the pizza. Same results, though. Great New York "style" pizza can be found all over the country, just as lousy New York style pizza can be found anywhere in the country, including in New York.
The entire cliche about "New York pizza" is a relic of times long, long gone. It doen't take a genius to make a great pizza, and that whole "it's the water" arguement is just plain stupid.
Happily, it's just a phone call away to get the best pizza! :-)
Disagree...even bad NY pizza is still pretty damn good! LOL
And I have discovered that as bad a Florida pizza can be...its 10 times better than any pizza in Charlotte NC.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:19 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Hey Frank - what the heck is an "orphaned post"?

"rainroosty This message has been deleted by faithfulFrank. Reason: orphaned post

Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Disagree...even bad NY pizza is still pretty damn good! LOL
And I have discovered that as bad a Florida pizza can be...its 10 times better than any pizza in Charlotte NC.
I so agree..however there is always Lorenzo's in Ballantyne

Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Do they have "Marco's" in CLT/Ballantyne? That place is ridiculously delicious. Dont know if it's "NY style" (and dont care) b/c I'm not from NY, but it is really good pizza. Better than anything I have had in FL.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:17 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hey Frank - what the heck is an "orphaned post"?

"rainroosty This message has been deleted by faithfulFrank. Reason: orphaned post
Rainroosty,
No problem....I remember wondering the same thing a few years back. An orphaned post is simply a post that no longer makes sense because it refers to another post that has been deleted. Often the deleted post is deleted because of a violation of the TOS. Someone refers to it and if their post was left it would be confusing to the flow of the thread, so we delete that post also as an orphaned post.

Usually there was nothing wrong with an orphaned post.....it just is no longer valid, because it referred to a post no longer there, thus the term "orphaned".

Hope I explained it well and did not add to any confusion.

Carry on! Frank.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 AM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times
i have lived in fl and ny and seem to almost always get great pizza in ny and nj but almost never get good pizza here. a friend says it is the way the dough reacts to humidity that makes the difference. i know not what the cause is and realize my experience is anecdotal.

it seems that many agree and have had the same anecdotal experience so i wonder if anyone wants to theorize as to why the pizza seems to be better in the ny/nj area?

it really makes little sense, as there are plenty of pizza places here run by people who have made pizza there. i doubt it is a technique issue.

i have figured out why the pizza in amsterdam always tastes so good

Old 08-01-2009, 03:15 PM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
There is a place called Randazzos in Deerfield that makes a pretty good pizza, and Ciluffo's in Boca (next to Howards) is pretty good if you tell them to burn the bottom.

I used to get pizza from Big Louis in Ft. Lauderdale when I lived there...it was meh but fast and cheap.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,614 times
The Best in Fl. is Jay's Pizza
It's in the Publix Shopping Plaza in W.P.B
561-753-9997
Soooooo Gooooooood!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach