Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 PM

27 posts, read 139,066 times

Advertisements

We recently got a puppy and would love to take him to the beach. Does anyone know if any beaches in the Boca, Delray, Boynton area allow dogs? We asked a park worker at one of these beaches and she mentioned a beach in Jupiter. She also said that when the local beaches are technically closed many people bring their dogs on the beach during that time, just make sure to be off beach during official open times, and clean up after dog. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 03:27 PM

207 posts, read 939,915 times
Please ONLY take your dog to a beach that allows dogs. Not many people like a dog near them on a beach

Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,116 times
There is only one beach in Palm Beach County that allows dogs. It's in Jupiter and it's the area that is north of the pier. Easiest way to get there from the south is taking 95 north to Donald Ross Road, then east to Ocean. Make a left and just look for where the pier is. You can only go north of the pier. However, there is about 2 1/2 miles of space for your dog to run.

My family and I were there yesterday. Our 2 canine kids that we brought had loads of fun. Our Lab mix went into the water some, but she's a little more reserved. Our Aussie mix on the other hand was running and leaping through the waves and the water. She has LOTS of energy and this was great for wearing her out.

Normally the charity of Friends of Jupiter Beach keep the doggie bags stocked up, but they were empty yesterday. You might want to brings some bags with you. Also, it was pretty rough out there yesterday and for this week it's supposed to be worse.

It's appreciated that you pick up after your pet. We don't want to lose this beach because people are too lazy to clean up. Outside of this beach, I don't know where there's another one that allows dogs. There is a section in Broward, but I think it's only certain days and hours. Plus, your dog has to be leashed.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM

27 posts, read 139,066 times
Thanks so much Desdemona 25, I have looked into that beach and I guess thats our only option. Sounds wonderful though! I certainly understand about picking up after our dogs. I was at a local dog park just this morning and I saw several owners watch their dogs poop and the owners did not even think about picking it up. It's infuriating. Our town has beautiful and FREE dog park, but some people just don't get it. We are planning to take our puppy up to Jupiter as soon as we have a day to do it.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 AM

13 posts, read 58,561 times
Thumbs up Juno/Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
There is only one beach in Palm Beach County that allows dogs. It's in Jupiter and it's the area that is north of the pier. .
I love this beach. Its great for the dogs to run around and you dont have to worry about them running off to the street. There is even a spot where the distance between the staircases down to the beach are further apart. I like to take my dog here so he doesnt even see the staircases. Also, the majority of the people at this beach know it is a dog beach and dont mind the animals. Ive never had any problems here. I call it Juno Beach, but I think its technically Jupiter Beach that far north of the pier.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,513 times
Had my dogs there yesterday and they had a ball, they love meeting up with all of the other dogs, it is like a big party for them.
Normally all of the dogs get along great and just remember to bring a bowl to give your dog water. There are water taps and litter bags available.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 30,107 times
Default Dog Beach Petition

BARK (Beaches ARe for K9s Too) is a Political Action Committee collecting signatures on a petition to establish a few dog friendly beaches in PB County. Go to our website [URL="http://www.bark2pac.org"]www.bark2pac.org[/URL] and find us on Facebook

Old 08-12-2012, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 14,854 times
do u happen to have an exact adress?..I ride the palm tran connection with my service dog and they need an exact address with zipcode as well in order for them to drop us and pick us up. ty

Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Just wondering which beaches in juno (if any) are NO DOGS allowed?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:14 PM

230 posts, read 387,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakzky1214 View Post
do u happen to have an exact adress?..I ride the palm tran connection with my service dog and they need an exact address with zipcode as well in order for them to drop us and pick us up. ty
You might try giving them the address of the pier: 1293 Florida A1A, North Palm Beach, 33408 (which is in Juno Beach despite the NPB postal address). You will need to walk just aabout 200 ft. north of the pier to be inside Jupiter town limits before you take your dog onto the beach. Or the address to Ocean Cay Park (in Jupiter, just north of the pier): 2188 Marcinski Rd., Jupiter 33477. You'll just have to cross A1A to be on Jupiter's beach from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Just wondering which beaches in juno (if any) are NO DOGS allowed?
All of them. Dogs are prohibited from the beaches in Juno. Jupiter allows dogs on all beaches outside of lifeguarded areas (basically from the town line at its southern border with Juno to Carlin Park). More specific info at these links:

Dogs on the Beach

Conduct & Driving Directions | Friends of Jupiter Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach