Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:10 PM

727 posts, read 1,830,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
It seems like most of these Long Islanders feel superior to the natives as well for some reason, and aren't too friendly to boot. I'm happy I live in a section of Palm Beach County not conquered by them.
Not saying a thing, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,752,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
It seems like most of these Long Islanders feel superior to the natives as well for some reason, and aren't too friendly to boot. I'm happy I live in a section of Palm Beach County not conquered by them.

That means that you must live in the bad part!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:49 PM

^^^Sounds like the good part to me!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 PM

148 posts, read 680,398 times
What is tough is to find a good neighborhood for kids that is friendly and not full of pretentious people. There are some pockets of the family neighborhoods, but people want to live in gated communities. I think it's a challenge to raise kids today (yes, anywhere) but especially difficult in PBC and surrounds. Did anyone hear about that kid from NBP school who got stabbed to death by a classmate last week outside a Boca restaurant? We hear snow-birds complain about everything - they don't really want to support the communities at large-- just their own gated enclave. Hey, they should just incorporate their bubble golf-club communities so they don't have to put up with the rest of us.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 AM

"We hear snow-birds complain about everything - they don't really want to support the communities at large-- just their own gated enclave. Hey, they should just incorporate their bubble golf-club communities so they don't have to put up with the rest of us."

^^^ Big suprise there. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, but then dont help anyone else, the community, the schools, etc... And then they demand what THEY need and want, and complain when they dont get it, or if a particular service is better in NY.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,495,683 times
Let me just throw in a few comments.

I'm from NY......New York STATE. We have a big state, and I am hundreds of miles from NYC. We do not consider NYC even part of NY state, although all of our tax money seems to go down there.

I'm between Buffalo and Rochester, Country. We have more cows then people. I own acrage.

So, Please do not throw us all in together.

In bought our future home in Florida, and even though I'm only there a few months a year, I am involved in the community and work hard to be part of it and make it a better place.

I don't have an accent, and do not try to change anything about Florida.....if I wanted Florida to be like NY, why would I move??

Please don't stereotype.

Frank D.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Your right, I think NYC is what I am others are speaking of.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 PM

486 posts, read 2,106,388 times
^^^ Big suprise there. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, but then dont help anyone else, the community, the schools, etc... And then they demand what THEY need and want, and complain when they dont get it, or if a particular service is better in NY^^^

You complain about the snowbirds not paying into the community coming from Long Island and NYC. These people worked hard their whole lives...paid crazy high property and school taxes and finally want to live out the rest of their lives in a nice sunny place.
Maybe the state of florida should raise your property tax and you pay money the way Long Islanders do. Houses by the water average around $23,000 per year, regular houses with tiny plots of land average $8900 to 13,000 per year. This is in addition to your mortgage and living expenses.

Besides, florida is a beautiful place to live. I lived in Boca and finished up at Spanish River H.S. before going to Long Island. You do have a lot of snotty people here, but we aren't all like that.

And yes, I did btch and complain when the snow birds came down as the traffic became hell.

And really if you must know, New Yorkers are fast paced. When I go to Florida for vacation, and you go shopping, the workers move soooo slow.
You need to light a match under their **MOD CUT**. In NY, this would not be tolerated.

Had to put my 2 cents in. I miss florida and will one day return!

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 11-27-2008 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-26-2008, 06:29 PM

"Maybe the state of florida should raise your property tax and you pay money the way Long Islanders do. Houses by the water average around $23,000 per year, regular houses with tiny plots of land average $8900 to 13,000 per year. This is in addition to your mortgage and living expenses"

^^^ Nobody holds their feet to the fire and makes them purchase homes on the water. That argument doesnt make much sense. Plus, if they worked so hard and want to enjoy FL and the warm weather, why dont they act like it?

"And really if you must know, New Yorkers are fast paced. When I go to Florida for vacation, and you go shopping, the workers move soooo slow.
You need to light a match under their **MOD CUT**. In NY, this would not be tolerated."

^^^ Good for NY'ers and their fast paces lifestyle and go-go-go attitudes, but last time I checked, this is FL. Not NY. If you dont want to tolerate "sloooow" ppl, why not pass on moving to FL and staying up in NYC? And if you still decide to move to FL, despite all the slow ppl who need a match under thier asses, why not keep your moaning and complaining to yourselves?

... and ppl wonder why we get tired of it and move to other places throught the southeast...

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 11-27-2008 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-26-2008, 07:11 PM

486 posts, read 2,106,388 times
you really hate New Yorkers or anyone else for that matter.
Unless you are a native american, you really dont belong either.
As for that matter none of us do.

So the point is, people should really stop their complaining and enjoy their lives. You too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach