Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:37 PM

32 posts, read 181,854 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been enjoying Greek food lately. Many times I cook the dishes at home, but we would like to find a restaurant in PBC.

We have been to Taverna Opa in City Place. It was very good and we will go back. It's a little on the expensive side and about an hour drive for us.

We have also been to Skorpios on Lake Worth Road. It's more of a hole in the wall(don't mean that in a bad way). A small restaurant with good food, reasonably priced. Could have been a little cleaner. My wife is very picky about this.

Just looking for more recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh600 View Post
My wife and I have been enjoying Greek food lately. Many times I cook the dishes at home, but we would like to find a restaurant in PBC.

We have been to Taverna Opa in City Place. It was very good and we will go back. It's a little on the expensive side and about an hour drive for us.

We have also been to Skorpios on Lake Worth Road. It's more of a hole in the wall(don't mean that in a bad way). A small restaurant with good food, reasonably priced. Could have been a little cleaner. My wife is very picky about this.

Just looking for more recommendations.
I don't know where you're driving from, so I'm hoping this is not too far away for you.

I've had good luck with Mykonos in Boca (SW 18th Street and Powerline). It just gets a little noisy there in the evenings. There's another place in Delray that I like and I hope it's still around. It's at the SE corner of Atlantic and Military. I just can't remember the name. Small place but I really liked the food.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM

89 posts, read 293,999 times
Chris' Taverna. 6338 Lantana Road, next to the new Home Goods and TJ Maxx. Great Greek food, all the time. Never had a bad meal there and I go three times a week. All return customers. The owner, Chris goes out of his way for you. Amazing Gyros, Tzatziki Sauce, Lamb and everything else I've had there has been excellent. I've been to Skorpios before Chris' opened and I was at a Christmas party last week at Mykonos. Chris' is better much IMO.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 AM

Desdemona25 - Thanks for those. I don't get down to south county much but I will keep those in mind.

jorobda - Chris' sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks, I will give that a try.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:44 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,510 times
the friendly greek on S dixie hwy in lantana is amazing. or at least it was a couple years back when i went. id check it out tho

Old 01-24-2009, 07:59 PM

187 posts, read 626,338 times
What about Acropolis on veteran's? Had a gyro or two there a few yrs ago and loved it.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
The Friendly Greek - We have eaten there several times and everytime we left we wondered why we went back !!! The food probably could have passed, but the service is horrible. They acted like they were doing you a favor. Just my opinion !

Old 01-25-2009, 07:24 PM

89 posts, read 293,999 times
Have you tried Chris' Taverna yet?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
I believe there's a new Taverna on Lake Avenue in Lake Worth. Haven't been there yet myself, but it could be an option to check out.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorobda View Post
Have you tried Chris' Taverna yet?
Not yet. It's still on the list but we haven't had a chance to eat out much lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach