Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 9,887 times

Advertisements

I am currently renting for the winter in St. Petersburg, but would like to try a different community for next year (January, February and March). My husband and I are both retired, non-smokers, quiet.

We have three standard poodles (non-shedding) who are very quiet and well behaved and do not go on the furniture and they sleep in crates. Am looking for something to rent for next winter - would like to check it out now before we go home in April.

One bedroom, one bath is OK.

Looking for a quiet community, preferably gated. We will need one parking spot.

Can contact me at lhogan8534@rogers.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 PM

923 posts, read 3,082,699 times
Ontariomama-- I have had good luck with www.vacationrentals.com and www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com - broken link)
I think you may have a hard time with 3 poochies !!! Good Luck !

Old 01-11-2009, 09:23 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,494,960 times
You are wise to be checking now. You will have a better chance.
VRBO is the best first place to look..that is what we use...but as already said, you may have a hard time with three dogs.

My wife and I are dog lovers, but when I turn away over 100 couples each year for the home I rent to snowbirds wanting Florida, I can afford to be very picky, and when given the choice between renting to a couple with no pets and a nice couple with three nice dogs, the pet-less couple will get our home.

Also, preference is given to those who rent for three months or longer.

Good luck!

Frank D.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 PM

923 posts, read 3,082,699 times
Faithfulfrank -- so where is your rental ?? This is the first winter in 15 I have spent 'up north' and I don't think I will do it again !!!!!!! WOW, I forgot how cold it gets !! I usually rent from Oct. to April.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:35 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,494,960 times
Dear nkotb,
It is in central Florida, about 35 minutes northwest of Orlando, about 13 miles south of The Villages, in a gated golf community called The Plantation. I DM'ed you.

Frank D.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,390 times
I'm a single retired lady w/no pets looking for a small condo/apartment for January/February 2012 preferably in town within walking distance to grocery, drug store, shopping. Email = [email]Luann1214@aol.com[/email]

Thanks

Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,963 times
VRBO is a great place to look for rentals. You can narrow your search by City, number of bedrooms, smoking or non-smoking and most likely pet friendly. They have a lot to choose from, an you can work directly with the owns of the rental. Although they do have some reality properties also, but you should be able to find something to fit your needs. Everytime I travel I always go to VRBO for find a place to stay, and I have never been disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach