Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,641 times

Advertisements

Im a teacher and my wife is a RN. We have 3 kids. (9,8,5). Looking to relocate to the Jupiter/Tequesta/Stuart area. We are looking for any info you can give us... Houses are listed on REAL...com but what are they really selling for? My dad lives in Jupiter so I have visited there several times and love it. Looking for a family atmosphere. Is stuart ok? should I keep looking in Jupiter? Obviously good schools and family oriented neighborhoods are a must with work potential within driving distance(30 mins. preffered)?ANY INFO ON PLACES TO LIVE IS APPRECIATED!!! WE ARE COMING DOWN WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH AND I JUST DON'T TRUST REAL ESTATE PEOPLE RIGHT NOW SEEING THEY WILL SELL ANYTHING TO MAKE A BUCK!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE.. IF YOU CAN EVEN NARROW IT DOWN TO THE BEST FAMILY DEVELOPMENTS TO LIVE IN, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. HELP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 PM

8 posts, read 16,762 times
I live in Palm Beach Gardens which neighbors Jupiter to the southeast, and I am always up in Stuart visiting friends and family that have moved up there due to the housing being sooo much cheaper than palm beach county. The mere county line between Palm Beach and Martin Counties makes a huge difference in housing cost. I personally like Stuart, it's not as busy and overcrowded as Palm Beach County. The people are nicer and the real estate is too. My aunt/uncle just bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom 2 car garage home with a screened in pool for $200,000 last year where as you can't even purchase a condo for that cheap in Palm Beach County. Gorgeous home, the people in Stuart are nicer than Palm Beach County. It's an excellent choice, it is expanding every day, as far as being more built up, but in my opinion, will never be as bustling as West Palm beach. Lovely place, nice people, great jobs. A lot of people who live in Stuart also work in the Gardens / Jupiter / West Palm area, it is only a 20-25 minute shot up i-95 from Palm beach Gardens where I live, to Stuart. Stuart has a nice downtown area, not too overcrowded, nice waterways, easy going atmosphere but still "city" life. Great place to have a family. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:07 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 658,280 times
i have personally lived in both stuart and jupiter. i am 29 and attended school in both towns as well. i think stuart is better for family living. jupiter is great but stuart has more of a small town feel. we moved to stuart when i was 12 so i was in school there from 7th grade through high school. when i go back to stuart to visit, it is so nice because people are familiar and there is such a wonderful hometown feel. there isn't a lot of drug usage going on and the school are good. the only area of staurt that is in bad shape is called east stuart. it isn't really in bad shape per say, there's not shooting are anything, but the houses are older and that is the "poorest" area of stuart. palm city is just a bridge away from stuart and that is where a lot of nice housing can be found. there is a wonderful area called martin downs that is a ton of smaller gated communities. over the past few years palm city has grown a lot and they are currently working on opening their own high school (instead of having the kids go into stuart and attend martin county high school.) salaries will be less in martin county, but the commute to jupiter is only 20 miles. i have been living in nyc for 6 years now and cannot wait to return to the area and start my own family. i wish you the best of luck!! please feel free to contact me if you need any help or have any questions.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 658,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kconko View Post
My aunt/uncle just bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom 2 car garage home with a screened in pool for $200,000 last year where as you can't even purchase a condo for that cheap in Palm Beach County.
i wouldn't go that far, my friends just bought a 3 bedroom/3 bath/1 car grg townhouse for $140,000 in palm beach gardens. i am coming down in 2 weeks and have 4 homes lined up in gardens, jupiter, and wellington under $200,000.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:28 PM

8 posts, read 16,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5* View Post
i wouldn't go that far, my friends just bought a 3 bedroom/3 bath/1 car grg townhouse for $140,000 in palm beach gardens. i am coming down in 2 weeks and have 4 homes lined up in gardens, jupiter, and wellington under $200,000.
I can understand that now, my mom just sold her 3/3/1 townhome in Woodbine which is in PBG too, for $165.000. This was I think 07 when they bought their home, but prices are very good here right now, there are more houses being forclosed on than anything else, I have a friend in Real Estate and she says all she is showing right now is forclosed homes. If you're going to buy, I say DEFENITELY buy now, especially here. We would buy, but we're moving to Colorado in October. :shrug:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach