Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 16,807 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of purchasing a unit in the High Point of Delray Beach complex. One of the sticking points remaining is the pet policy. We have two cats. Both are completely indoor cats; not even interested in going out. One of them is actually terrified of the outdoors.

Would they give us grief if we had the cats with us?

Thx for any info.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
I believe that I have seen the odd cat or two occasionally in High Point, suggesting that some people do have them.

I suppose you could "sneak" them in, but don't be surprised if one day some nosy nitpickers, with nothing else to do, give you a hard time.

But, in all fairness, there are no-pet rules for a reason, therefore you would have to be extra careful not to violate the rights of others.

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 16,807 times
Thanks for the info/advice bale002.

I'm trying to understand, what *are* those reasons for the no-pets rules? (once again, the cats would be strictly indoor. Though one of them is very fond of sitting on the window sill.)

Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 PM

6 posts, read 35,185 times
Hah!! I almost feel this is my destiny to address this. I am a female Boomer & am relocating to delray in 45 days. I bought into one of these condos to save money. I dont know why most of the affordable places do not allow pets, BUT: I found a website called Petsincondos.org and it was very helpful. as the old guard passes, I hope these places will create new rules for a new generation of retirees. Also google: ESA Emotional Support Animal if you want to attempt to keep your pet. I did !

Old 07-31-2013, 04:20 AM

302 posts, read 499,564 times
[quote=naturelovertwo;30743832 Also google: ESA Emotional Support Animal if you want to attempt to keep your pet. I did ![/QUOTE]

For me, this comment is almost a slap in the face for those of us who have daily continual problems with our Service animals. It's people who go online and then slap some vest and title on their animal and declare them a SD or ESA. It's not fair to those of us who take the time to have an animal trained in the proper way, go through everything required and then finally, after 18 months to 2 years, become a full-fledged service animal.

Revised ADA Requirements: Service Animals

Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbjbb View Post
For me, this comment is almost a slap in the face for those of us who have daily continual problems with our Service animals. It's people who go online and then slap some vest and title on their animal and declare them a SD or ESA. It's not fair to those of us who take the time to have an animal trained in the proper way, go through everything required and then finally, after 18 months to 2 years, become a full-fledged service animal.

It's an insult to those of us who don't feel we're above the rules.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
Doesn't matter WHY they have a no pet rule. Who cares? Just go find a place that allows pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach