Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times

Advertisements

I know love - good lookin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 AM

Thanks - that is definately a thought - do you know of any companies?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 AM

Let's play nice ladies - LOL - you are both right! The only difference Berry is that LI's property is much smaller in comparison. 8k in LI will get you a yard you can spit in, NJ's is a bigger yard, so you can spit a bit further. I don't mind the taxes if the schools are really good. What I mind most about LI and NJ is that the Houses are so old and broken down, but yet people still want 300K - for what exactly. I need to be told like a 3 year old why this house is still worth this much.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
exactly..where we lived in NJ there are homes with No property .14 if that, and their taxes now are 9800 a year..FOR WHAT?? u know what even if the schools are excellent there is NO rhyme or reason that anyone should have to pay taxes like that...

Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Let's play nice ladies - LOL - you are both right! The only difference Berry is that LI's property is much smaller in comparison. 8k in LI will get you a yard you can spit in, NJ's is a bigger yard, so you can spit a bit further. I don't mind the taxes if the schools are really good. What I mind most about LI and NJ is that the Houses are so old and broken down, but yet people still want 300K - for what exactly. I need to be told like a 3 year old why this house is still worth this much.
Can I make a suggestion? When you want to reply to a particular post, click the "Quote" button on the post you want to respond to, and then your post will have both the original poster's words, and your own.

Just makes it easier to read and understand exactly what you're responding to!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Can I make a suggestion? When you want to reply to a particular post, click the "Quote" button on the post you want to respond to, and then your post will have both the original poster's words, and your own.

Just makes it easier to read and understand exactly what you're responding to!
Sorry Trim, my original post was regarding the bit of snarling going back and forth between Berry and M5 - They really both are on the same page just didn't know it, so I was saying to play nice.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:48 PM

10 posts, read 31,223 times
Boca Raton or North Shore Long Island? My wife and I live in Los Angeles and are getting out! The schools are aweful, huge gang problem in the schools and the acting world is a complete lottery ticket now. My wife is in the fitness field and I have connections for work in either place. We can choose between living on Long Island in Sea Cliff, Glen Head or Port Washington and getting into Real Estate in Brooklyn or moving to Boca Raton. Cost of living, way of life, schools and safety are what's most important to me. We have a son who will be in second grade next year. I lived in Boca Raton when I was 9-14 years old. The schools were good then, but I'm sure they are different now. Looking at either Addison Mizner, Boca Middle and then Boca High or Calusa Elementary, Omni Middle then Spanish River High or Sunrise Park, Eagles Landing Middle then W. Boca High. Any suggestions about which is the best now or which ones to stay away from? I know how good the schools are in NY because I went there after Boca. They are the best, but it costs a fortune to live in a shoe box out there. I found rentals in Boca between $1100 and $1400 and on Long Island from $1600-$2000 to start out. Buying is absurd...I have for a decent house, Boca around $225K-$400K and those Long Island areas $600k-$800K. It would cost about 50% more all around to live in NY, so as far as cost goes, Boca gets the win there. Schools I give to NY by a big margin, but would love some feedback on that because I know Boca has some of the best schools in that area. Way of life I give to Florida with pools, beaches, sports and laid back lifestyle, although I do love New York. Culture goes to NY. Safety I have no idea and that's where I need the most help. I don't care about snobby people because they are everywhere and I"m used to them, I care about jerkoffs that have nothing better to do than get into trouble. My top priority is safety for my family and a good education for my boy. I love the four seasons, but have been out of the snow for 12 years and not sure I feel like shoveling it again and scraping ice off of my windshield. Any thoughts, advice, experience or knowledge would be much appreciated!

Take Care

Last edited by Completely Torn; 03-18-2009 at 04:38 PM..

Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM

Completely, I can tell you our friends have kids in Sandpiper Elem, Loggers Run Middle and West Boca High School which is only 3 years old, she said to stay in West Boca Raton because of the schools...so that is where we are concentrating on...We are originally from Brooklyn, Lived in NJ we did NJ thing instead of the LI thing, either Way LI is very expensive, im sure quiet a few posters will tell you that....some will also tell you not to move to florida either...So honestly it will be a personal choice for you...We cant wait to be able to move to Florida my children are 14 and 10...and for us we would never go back to NY or NJ

Good Luck...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 PM

10 posts, read 31,223 times
Thanks for the reply, Berry. I've heard a lot of good things about W. Boca. I know how ridiculously expensive it is to live in those areas of Long Island...150k at least...closer to 200K. If the schools and crime are good in Boca, then I'll probably move to Florida. If it's really bad right now, I'll have to work my butt of to make Long Island work. Lots to think about! Good luck to you!

Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 PM

ty Completely you too....I just know our friends are very happy there and they lived in Manhattan and moved to West boca when their daughter was 2....she is now 13 and our other friends have elem school kids, and are very happy as well....good luck to you and your family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach