Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times

Advertisements

It does not surprise me. Many FHP troppers are useless and tend to hang around the Turnpike where speeders are easy targets. I-95 or the Palmetto are more dangerous and they rarely stop drivers there unless it is someone who is really driving in an obviously dangerous way. My dad was harassed and threatened by an FHP trooper after his alternator belt broke and he was trying to get home before the battery went dead. The lights got dim and the trooper threatened him with arrest if he continued driving. Instead he was left on the side of the road in the dark with a dead battery. had to walk a mile to get to a phone to call me. Of course I raised hell at their headquarters and with the FDLE but that does no good.

As for speeding be aware that officers are always trusted whether they lie or not. Once I was ticketed for going 30 miles an hour in a 15 mile an hour school zone. I was going 15mph, but the officer just didn't like me I guess. He would have gotten away with it except a mistake was made. He put 8:40 as the time of the ticket when the school zone was from 7:30-8:30. The magistrate determined that the enforcement period had expired by the time the citation was written. I was surprised that the traffic court was not a kangaroo court like miami-dade code enforcement.

Generally in most jurisdictions revenue is the main reason for tickets otherwise fines would not be imposed. If you have not had a conviction for one year, plead no contest, give them your money and move on. If you are going to speed again be sure to have a radar detector and maybe a laser jammer (if legal) and protect yourself from this needless hassle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Just to be clear. I am the surgeon's manager/assistant. I was driving him in my car. He will pay all the expenses so I won't have a record. I agree with you that we should all slow down when possible. When I asked the initial question, I was looking for an easy and quick solution. But it has become...

One more point. I really don't like lawyers. Because of all the lawsuits, neurosurgeons are hard to recruit due to high malpractice insurance premium, resulting in us having to drive down so far south. Well, let's see what Obama will do to reform the healthcare system.
Well, thanks for clearing that up, I hope it all works out for you.

I am scheduled for surgery with a neurosurgeon ( cervical spinal fusion for spinal compression) at the end of the month and I am grateful that I have access to a quality surgeon here in South Florida.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 863 times
Default Fighting a ticket

I had an accident in Broward county. The accident was very minor based on police officer. I wanted to turn right but the car in front of me suddenly stopped so my car was hit the bumper and my headlight was broken. I got a traffic citation. based on the ticket :
property damage: no
injury to other: No
seriously bodily injury to another:No
fatal:No
I think I dont deserve the citation. Is there any way to fight the ticket?

Old 01-29-2017, 06:41 AM

623 posts, read 965,818 times
I see people everyday doing at least 100 and never see the FHP

Old 08-29-2017, 10:18 PM

134 posts, read 190,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
I see people everyday doing at least 100 and never see the FHP
And this shows you how horrible driving in S. Fla is. All of the speeders are risking everyone's safety and if you are going over the speed limited by 15 MPH, you deserve a ticket. I am sick of all the reckless morons, idiot tailgaters in the right lane, and downright stupid people on the road. I never exceed the limited by more than 2-3 MPH and constantly have people on my tail, even in the right lane. Good-bye FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach