Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,437 times

Advertisements

Who is going to PAY for all these substations?? If you want one near your community so will thousands of others. Why should your community take precedence?? Boynton Beach has a tremendous economic shortfall in the 2010 budget. Raise taxes?? That would be the only option. Most municipalities have hiring freezes and are not hiring additional city staff, even Police Officers. Crime is a problem and will become a greater problem if the economic downtrend continues, which I believe it will. I am empathetic but you need to be realistic. Financially strapped cities cannot be opening or manning substations all over the city. That is the harsh reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 AM

41 posts, read 177,535 times
As was already said, It is not likely that the City does what we want and ofcourse don't forget this mass debt that "they" got themselves into. How many people do you think even use the new multi-million dollor library on Seacrest, SgtAJC????????????????? What about the millions of dollars spent on fire stations that we still pay for and for what, apparently the reasoning behind those was "response times" and getting to the sick quicker - Bull****!!!!!!!!!!!
Water reclamation is a big thing now too apparently. We've all seen those huge pink/purple pipes on Seacrest Ave and Golf Rd for the last year, this is for reclaimed water(our own recycled fecies). Is this something that is a neccesity, I was under the impression we had water at our homes already, Reclaimed water CANNOT be consumed orally so what the hell is is for??????????????????
Remember, the things we most desire in life are usually never achieved but one thing we do have going for us is ............................. the half dozen Boynton cops riding bicycles on Federal Highway every Saturday. Great location to protect and serve, why not move the party to Chapel Hill ladies???

Old 04-27-2009, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 25,600 times
Thats perfect timing. Make the sub station a bicycle police-station. Serving south Boynton east of Congress. If our PD boys are going to meet on Federal highway, change it now to Chapel Hill. Make a house into their headquarters and we're all set. By using the existing officers we won't need new hires. If the idea works then in a few years we add another satelite police station in another neighbourhood, etc etc. Afterall, anyone starting a business doesn't build 10 branches until they know the business works. It's definately feesable and realistic, just maybe not that important to City Hall!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:15 PM

When you return from La La Land please notify me. I understand your concerns but I can give you ten other developments/areas in Boynton that believe they need a police substation as much as you do. If they have been mismanaging their money than that is something you should complain about but I'm just trying to temper your wants with a does of reality. The city does not, like many other municipalities all over this once great country of ours, have the money to spend on hiring additional police officers. Be thankful they are not cutting back on Police jobs like SO many municipalities are doing all over Florida and the country.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 PM

41 posts, read 177,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
When you return from La La Land please notify me. I understand your concerns but I can give you ten other developments/areas in Boynton that believe they need a police substation as much as you do. If they have been mismanaging their money than that is something you should complain about but I'm just trying to temper your wants with a does of reality. The city does not, like many other municipalities all over this once great country of ours, have the money to spend on hiring additional police officers. Be thankful they are not cutting back on Police jobs like SO many municipalities are doing all over Florida and the country.
Is it me or is SgtAJC all about the City's finances, do you work for the City????? Are you a retiree from the city? whats with the money thing SgtAJC. and who said anything about hiring new Police Officers. What was said was "moving somethings around" it's called getting creative, putting police officers directly in the neighborhood (existing officers) for crime prevention.
You seem to know so much about all the Boynton communities, go ahead tell us about these 10 other areas that need help, PLEASE!!!!!
Don't forget to point out all the people from those communities that are on this site trying to get help and come-up with ideas to fix their mess. I've looked, cant find a soul from these areas.

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the people in your "10 other areas" don't even know what a sub-station is, probably never even heard of one. Dude, lets be real, this is a great idea and so far people in our neighborhood are talking abvot it. You are the only negative one and it sucks because you come across as someone who works for the city.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,531,128 times
Discuss ideas, but be respectful in doing so.......

Frank D.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 22,722 times
There will always be people out there with different opinions on crime and it's solution. The comments about La La Land obviously hit home with Surfalot. There is no doubt of the situation we are experiencing. It's unfortunate that not everyone sees it the way we do, but this is life.
Hopefully things will change, and change soon!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM

I empathize with the problems everyone is experiencing in Boynton Beach. No, I do not work for the city, but I do read the newspapers and have read that cities all over Florida, and the country, from Naples, Fort Myers, Orlando, Boynton Beach, etc are experiencing extreme budget shortfalls and financial problems. The crime problem is a real one and will continue to worsen if the economy does not turn around. I hope everyone gets their substation and with enough pressure maybe it would happen, but I don't think it is realistic because there are problems all over East Boynton not just one development. It's just one person's opinion but if not for our opinions what would this forum be?? I believe I was respectful and did not put anyone down.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,968 times
Everyone on my street is concerned and I am going to speak my mind. This is the worst thing ever, when homes are being robbed and criminals just waltz right in here and do what ever they want!!! I am tired of this sh..t. This is the only plan that anyone has come up with and it sounds fair to me. If there is any time to make a name for yourself it is NOW, so get to-it City Hall! I only know of 2 "really nice" East Boynton Neighbourhoods and that's Chapel Hill & Lake Eden up to the S.lake bridge(a close 3rd is Golfview Harbour). If you ruin Chapel hill with the lack of crime prevention you will ruin the entire east Boynton reputation. With all the redevelopment in downtown, whats the most important thing right now, besides renting all those new condos and apts near Federal Highway....................... CHAPELHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were moving to Palm Beach County and I read this thread I can honestly tell you there is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL I'm moving to east Boynton. Something needs to be done now. Forget budgets and economic issues that dwarf the potent history of East Boynton. Remember the days we hunted pig and deer near Congress, Now those were the days, maybe it's simply time to move on to as better place.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,793 times
boynton barely has a crime rate it is nothing compared to lake worths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach