Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM

20 posts, read 132,827 times

Advertisements

Getting financing in Century Village may be difficult due to the recreational / land lease they have there also depending on the amount of the loan. I'm more familiar with the one in Boca Raton, but they are all the same concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 AM

4 posts, read 34,215 times
Can tell you this much I have found out in also searching in Century Village WPB:
(1) Each building is it's own individual HOA - some say no rental, some say no pets, very few say small pet under 20lbs, some allow you to have snowbird visiting relatives, some don't - each one seems to make their own rules.
(2) Visitors (friends/relatives) can stay with you upto 30 days (what I have been told but again, check with that particular bldg's HOA) children are allowed to visit (grandkids, etc.) but not to live there because it is a HOPA community (55+) so at least 1 person must be 55+ and no one under 23 (check HOPA rules on Internet for more rules on this)
(3) Century Village is not FHA approved so you can not get a FHA mortgage for it - and I have found that most lenders will not give a loan for Century Village because most of the units are priced lower then the lender's minimum amount to lend/mortgage with so in 99% of condo's there they are also priced too low to get a conventional loan also. (stuck between rock & a hard place)

I, myself have been trying to find a owner-financed or reasonable private lender to purchase in Century Village and finding it next to impossible at this point after having made over 60 calls. The 2 places that said they would finance in Century Village said they would only if the price is a minimum of $40-$60k or more.

Suggest you check the www.CenturyVillage.com website for further information - they seem to have links on the site to each of their locations separately so that might answer more questions you might have about them and there is a phone number for each location on there as well.

Just keep in mind if you call and they tell you no one is there at the moment and they will have someone call you back don't hold your breath - they told me that twice and twice I got no call back. (not very considerate or professional to do that to someone)

Good luck

Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 AM

5 posts, read 24,771 times
stay away from andover h cause the ppl on the board for that bldg is nasty if you have kids or grandchildren they dont like that especially the grandkids coming or staying over.my father lives over there and they put up a big stink about that they wont let my son over to visit or stay the night.so which means i can't go visit my father cause they dont want my son there .and my father is almost 80 years old.and is a very sick man and they started so much trouble with him

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 PM

40 posts, read 110,291 times
My parents lived in the Century Village in Pembroke Pines, Florida and they loved it. It is a very peaceful and a safe community. Next to it is an upscale outdoor mall which I loved (Pembroke Gardens). It is right off I 75 and Pines Blvd. I highly recommend Century Village!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 AM

20 posts, read 132,827 times
I also have been to Century Village Pembroke Pines, they have newer buildings and the bedrooms are on either end, with living room having a balcony.
Agree about finance above.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 8,938 times
Default My 2 cents

You don't come to South Florida for the culture. If you want culutre, you stay up north. There are many, many retired citizens in Florida, but there are also many, many school teachers, police officers and engineers. To say there are only two classes of people here is a bit ignorant. Any city in any town in the USA has minimum wage working people, and thank God or else who would make that burger for you? Florida is a warm weather, beach/ocean vacation destination. Don't make it out to be anything else.

Jody

Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM

21 posts, read 47,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evita1323 View Post
Getting financing in Century Village may be difficult due to the recreational / land lease they have there also depending on the amount of the loan. I'm more familiar with the one in Boca Raton, but they are all the same concept.
Local Bank of America office specialize in CV mortgages and has no problem with rec lease limitation.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 10,015 times
we are thinking of moving to Fl. and I have a few questions about finding a condo in one of the Century Villages ...1. can your grandchildren visit you there? 2. are there many younger retirees there...say 55 to 69? 3. is there a good mixture of religions there? 4.and last I know the HOA fees are different prices but can I expect to pay under $500 monthly with both the HOA and the recreation fees...

Old 10-22-2011, 06:17 PM

21 posts, read 47,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryljj View Post
we are thinking of moving to Fl. and I have a few questions about finding a condo in one of the Century Villages ...1. can your grandchildren visit you there? 2. are there many younger retirees there...say 55 to 69? 3. is there a good mixture of religions there? 4.and last I know the HOA fees are different prices but can I expect to pay under $500 monthly with both the HOA and the recreation fees...
My friend lives in Deerfield Beach CV and we talk about this community at times.
1. Absolutely yes.
2. I would say half of residents are in that age range.
3. Majority is jewish.
4. He pays total of $220 in monthly condo fees for his 2/2 apartment.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,330 times
Question: Century village and Kings Point are léase lands?
if you buy an apartment you will never be the owner of the land.
Is this correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach