Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times

Advertisements

where's a great neighborhood for kids, great school, decent cost of living, near beach, and with more of a fun vibe like lake worth has managed to develop?

being from boca, i know we tend to think boca is the only place, and i've been doing that a long time, and now, as my lease runs out and i need to move next month, i am wondering if maybe i've been wrong.

I would love to find another school district with a great elementary school/gifted program and i really don't know most of south florida well at all.

so? where's a great neighborhood for kids, great school, decent cost of living, near beach, and with more of a fun vibe like lake worth has managed to develop?

is there such a thing or do I just have to move to central boca for that school district - great school, but my clothes are organic, not designer! I would like to get him in a good school AND find a tribe for me

i can go 45 miles from boca according to my custody contract. . . in any direction.

any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 PM

22 posts, read 86,926 times
Palm Beach Gardens is a nice area. I have heard wonderful things about Gardens Elementary, but I can't remember if they have a gifted program (pretty sure they do). You might also want to check out Alamanda Elementary in PBG.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 AM

this link shows current gifted programs

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:RPqpSDXoUooJ:www.palmbeach.k12.fl.u s/ESE/documents/ESE%2520documents/gifted%25205_5_08/Newest%2520Feeder%2520Pattern.doc+addison+mizner+g ifted+feeder+schools&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&clie nt=safari (broken link)

Palm Beach Gardens Elementary is a gifted center, and their students did well on the writing element of the fcat, although i sort of hate the teaching for the fcat writing i see at the university level i don't really think it make sense to disregard the results, either

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/.../2214#fcatplus

thanks!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 AM

I like the real estate rental prices in PBG from what I see on realtor. Are there any really great family neighborhoods with lots of young elementary school aged kids running around?

something like this looks nice!

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/703-Cable-Beach_Palm-Beach-Gardens_FL_33410_1109792863 (broken link)

Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,510 times
Yes to all of the above questions

Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 PM

466 posts, read 928,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
where's a great neighborhood for kids, great school, decent cost of living, near beach, and with more of a fun vibe like lake worth has managed to develop?

being from boca, i know we tend to think boca is the only place, and i've been doing that a long time, and now, as my lease runs out and i need to move next month, i am wondering if maybe i've been wrong.

I would love to find another school district with a great elementary school/gifted program and i really don't know most of south florida well at all.

so? where's a great neighborhood for kids, great school, decent cost of living, near beach, and with more of a fun vibe like lake worth has managed to develop?

is there such a thing or do I just have to move to central boca for that school district - great school, but my clothes are organic, not designer! I would like to get him in a good school AND find a tribe for me

i can go 45 miles from boca according to my custody contract. . . in any direction.

any ideas???

The Gardens may be too far north. South Olive Elimentary is an A rated school in a great area of West Palm Beach called SOSO (South of Southern).

Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
The Gardens may be too far north. South Olive Elimentary is an A rated school in a great area of West Palm Beach called SOSO (South of Southern).

Forgot about SoSo.... SoSo is convenient to both downtown Lake Worth and downtown WPB. Plus, South Dixie Highway up through downtown is an amalgamation of old businesses, antique shops, unique little restaurants, etc.....

It's a "real" neighborhood built before the gated community craziness. You can also rent a very nice house there. Rent east of dixie, and if you can, east of Olive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach