Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 AM

48 posts, read 162,425 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I'm looking for a vacation townhome in a gated community for my family of six. My wife and I are in our 40's and the kids ages range from 14, 12 and twin 7 boys.

After spending hundreds of hours reading these great messages, I've narrowed down the best places for us to look is Boca, Coral Springs and Parkland.

I was looking for a family oriented place that has all the amenities (pool, play area, gym) as well as being in a somewhat reasonably priced (hoa $200-250max). As well it would be nice if there were some local places where we could walk at night along (i.e. shops, restaurants etc) and find other people our age.

This is where I'm tossed. Where would you recommend we look to find a place and why?

Any help really appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjake28 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I'm looking for a vacation townhome in a gated community for my family of six. My wife and I are in our 40's and the kids ages range from 14, 12 and twin 7 boys.

After spending hundreds of hours reading these great messages, I've narrowed down the best places for us to look is Boca, Coral Springs and Parkland.

I was looking for a family oriented place that has all the amenities (pool, play area, gym) as well as being in a somewhat reasonably priced (hoa $200-250max). As well it would be nice if there were some local places where we could walk at night along (i.e. shops, restaurants etc) and find other people our age.

This is where I'm tossed. Where would you recommend we look to find a place and why?

Any help really appreciated.
All three areas are nice , but in my opinion Parkland is the nicest and newest .. it has tons of amenities and activities for kids and adults .. many new restaurants nearby in North Coral Springs off University Drive .. you have the nearby Coconut Creek Promenade , Boca is near by as well and the schools are excellent by South Florida standards .. the area is very upscale and green ... good luck . I live in Heron Bay one of the larger communities in Parkland .. we are quite happy here .

Old 06-18-2009, 05:46 PM

272 posts, read 908,992 times
I agree, Parkland would be the best for you with Coral Springs in second place. Boca is more older people, not all, but mostly.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Thanks very much for the reply.

Is there any particular gated communities in Parkland that don't have a high HOA <$250?

What about Coconut Creek is that a nice area as well?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
Is this a vacation home for when? I am assuming since you have young kids for holiday times and summer? I am not sure about prices but if possible I always think renting first to see how actual living in the area is the best. Especially in the summer you could probably get a short term rental for an affordable price. I am in Boca but go to Coconut Creek a lot and have been to Coral Springs. I thought CC is a nice and more affordable area then Boca.There were shopping plaza's etc like Boca but seemed like less snow birds. I think that in most of those places you would need a car rather then walk to a place at night. I mean there is Mizner park which if you lived in could walk to dinner etc. I am younger 30 but Boca is older in general. There are young people of course as the college is there.Though if you are ever planning on living full year I have heard Boca has better schools. I have heard that Boynton Beach has some nice newer areas as well. Good luck

Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 AM

Hey Daniella,

Thanks for the reply. Yah it will start out to be a summer/xmas vacation retreat but like the others it will probably turn into our snow bird stay.

What can you tell me about Boynton Beach. There are a LOT of newer places that are quite reasonable. But it seem a bit too far north.

Is it a safe place? Are there any nice restaurants, malls nearby?

Any help appreciated.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:48 AM

I am not familiar with Boynton Beach but have heard that some parts are nice but more affordable. Just like many parts of FL there are good parts and bad. If you were going to be that way you may want to look at Wellington there is nice malls,shopping,and safe area to me. I rented there for a short time and seemed younger but safe then Boca but I am still happy with my choice living in Boca. You can email me anytime not that I know much about FL but I will try to help in any way I can

Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM

Wow. Thanks very much Daniella.

It's a really tough decision. Boynton has a lot of NEW places at very reasonable prices but it's a bit north for me. Not sure how safe it is.

Boca is nice and considered safe for the most part but may be a bit too old for me. We're in our early 40's.

Parkland seems nice but a bit far to the beach.

What's a guy to do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I am not familiar with Boynton Beach but have heard that some parts are nice but more affordable. Just like many parts of FL there are good parts and bad. If you were going to be that way you may want to look at Wellington there is nice malls,shopping,and safe area to me. I rented there for a short time and seemed younger but safe then Boca but I am still happy with my choice living in Boca. You can email me anytime not that I know much about FL but I will try to help in any way I can

Old 06-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Hi again. Like I said I am 30 and in Boca but I do agree it is older in general. You can drive though to the younger areas though and if you have or want kids I heard the schools in Boca are good. I know that my granfathers friend moved to Boynton and they seem to like it and it is safe but like I said it really depends on the place even in Boca there are some not so great areas

Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 PM

152 posts, read 335,267 times
West Boca is plenty young and a very nice option.Not likely to find a town home with HOA under < 250. Boynton Would be a nice choice as well for a vacation home. Close to the Beach and the Del Ray Area which is nice for vacationers. You might be more likely to find some great prices on townhomes at this time as well, east and closer to the beach Also it is closer to Palm Beach and all that area has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach