Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 PM

141 posts, read 453,593 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any feedback for legacy place, Legends and Midtown communities in palm beach gardens?

Such as distance from downtown/mall/shopping/nightlife

Are they safe?

Whats the average age?

Any reviews anyone can provide about these and other condo communities in palm beach gardens is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:51 PM

10 posts, read 28,011 times
i currently live in the area. legacy, legends and midtown all have shopping and townhomes. it is very safe. however, it would be like living in the parking lot of a mall. mirasol is a beautiful new community in palm beach gardens. it is just a few miles west of all the areas you mentioned.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM

thanks lsf. Been looking at these places because they have nice units for sale and are close to shopping and restaurants. Would you recommend something similar/better in the area?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:42 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Abacoa in Jupiter has condo and townhouse communities as well.

All of the complexes you mention are self contained. I don't think you'll feel like you are living in a parking lot, unless you get a unit maybe that overlooks the parking lot of the Legacy Place shops (or that very large condo building next to the mall). Midtown is kind of a "blah" location right now, simply because a lot of the store fronts are empty (built a bit too late during the boom).

The walkability of Legacy Place to grocery stores, restaurants, and major shops, however, is very convenient. It won't feel like a traditional downtown, however, if that is what you are looking for.

Overall, northern Palm Beach County has a lot of families, but you will find many young professionals at the Yard House in downtown at the Gardens after work, etc.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 PM

thanks Tri.

I have been hearing many people talk positively about abacoa. I definitley need to look into that area. I am a city guy, lived in NYC all my life.

Can anyone give me their opinion on shopping/nightlife/dining in abacoa vs palm beach gardens vs boca raton?

I dont mind having to drive 10-15 minutes to a mall/shopping complex. I do like me some dunkin donuts coffee in the morning and do like walking and taking in some city type atmospheres.

I dont want to be too bored and would preferabley like to be around people in there 20's-30's.

Thanks for all the responses guys, these boards are the best..

Old 06-23-2009, 07:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
thanks Tri.

I have been hearing many people talk positively about abacoa. I definitley need to look into that area. I am a city guy, lived in NYC all my life.

Can anyone give me their opinion on shopping/nightlife/dining in abacoa vs palm beach gardens vs boca raton?

I dont mind having to drive 10-15 minutes to a mall/shopping complex. I do like me some dunkin donuts coffee in the morning and do like walking and taking in some city type atmospheres.

I dont want to be too bored and would preferabley like to be around people in there 20's-30's.

Thanks for all the responses guys, these boards are the best..
The closest thing to "City living" in Palm Beach County will be living in downtown West Palm Beach -- Cityplace district or Clematis Street district. Both have high rise and mid-rise condominiums, and are extremely walkable.

Abacoa and Gardens and Boca are more "suburban family areas" -- though Abacoa town center has a mini "town center" with a Starbucks, pizza place, etc.

Shopping is probably the best in the Gardens, due to the Gardens mall and Legacy Place, but Abacoa is 5 mins away from all that, and downtown WPB is 15 minutes, plus 5 minutes from Worth Avenue, and heck, CityPlace has shops, movie theaters, restaurants galore, a comedy club, etc.

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with Boca outside of Mizner Park (which is like City Place) and the Town Center Mall.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM

Thanks once again Tri for the very informative post.

Sounds like all 3 areas have access to all these venues. I dont mind driving 15-20 minutes to a mall.

I'll definitely check out abacoa when I come down there. thanks!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,544 times
What is the average age of owners in Midtown? Would you suggest Midtown for senior citizens?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,411 times
You may want to look at the Mira Flores Apartments, it is located just north of Downtown. It does not overlook a shopping center as Legacy Place does. The Gardens Mall, Downtown at the Gardens are to the south. You will be in easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping. I-95 is right there, Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center is approximately a mile to the south. Abacoa and the beaches are about 10 minutes drive.

The area is well kept and seems very safe.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 PM

232 posts, read 773,303 times
From what I have seen legends is the best deal for the size and build of the condo but getting financing on these would be extremely difficult. Also might consider Harbour Oaks townhouses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach