Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 AM

11 posts, read 54,834 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
I'm seriously being considered for a job in Palm Beach Gardens. I've always said I would live in Florida at some point in my life (I love the sun and warm weather), but I am still young and single. Does Palm Beach Gardens have any nightlife? Are there young professionals without kids/spouses there? I'm happy to be single right now, and am just wondering if there will be other people like me in that area! I won't know anyone down there, so I'll need to meet new people. Thanks for your input!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 AM

98 posts, read 422,700 times
What's your definition of 'nightlife'?

The reason I ask is because I am new here too. I'm not single though .. nor particularly young .. no longer in my 20's

But for over 10 years, I was a deep house DJ in big honkin' nightclubs in TX with lots of freakin' lasers! (no sharks though in which to attach said lasers to said heads) That is my definition of nightlife. And no - that particular type of bar tab doesn't exist anywhere here. I'm working on putting something together in downtown WPB, though. I'll do my best to realize this - as well as share my music with as many people care to groove to it!

Anyhow - I guess I answered your question with another question!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,378,590 times
Yeah, there really aren't any big nightclubs. There's a couple smaller ones in West Palm which is a 10-15 minute drive. There is nightlife, and there are young professionals though. Take a vacation for a week and scope it out. If you are the type that likes to go out every night I would probably recommend downtown West Palm.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
Beagle, yes, there are one or two clubs in PBG.... Club Safari has been around FOREVER and is located in the Marriott hotel. There may be a couple of others here and there.

A big hangout for young professionals in the Gardens is Yard House, which is a restaurant and bar.

I agree with the above, however, downtown WPB is THE place for young professionals.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 657,370 times
Palm Beach Gardens has some things to do but the main fun nightlife is in West Palm which is only 10 minutes away. Palm Beach Gardens has a lot of young single people and lots of places to have a drink or catch a casual happy hour. I lived there for 20 years and am in the process of going back. Good luck!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:50 AM

141 posts, read 452,020 times
I think an important question would be is there any transportation to the nightlife? You don't want to be driving to a bar/club, and car service can be costly. Any easily accessible transportation means in PBG or even abacoa?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
No, unfortunately there is no easy public transportation in PBC. There is a bus service, but it would take forever to get downtown from Gardens. Your best bet is to get a small car or scooter, etc. Car culture is big here. Most of South Florida was developed post-WW2, so it has much of the development pattern that can plague other big metro areas developed primarily after widespread auto use.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM

11 posts, read 54,834 times
I have a car, so transportation isn't a problem. And by nightlife, I really do mean casual bars or lounges...I'm not a clubber/dancer! I just want to make sure I wouldn't be moving somewhere that is all married people and families. What are the safe neighborhoods in downtown West Palm Beach for a single girl in her 20s to live if I do decide to live there and commute to PBG?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,378,590 times
Check both areas out, there some real nice highrise apartments downtown West Palm, and some good communities in the Gardens. I live in the Edge in West Palm and its a pretty nice complex other then the fact you have to walk across Tamarind (not a good area) to get to the night life. Cityplace South is now renting and you can walk across the street to Cityplace.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 657,370 times
It is not necessary to live in West Palm to go out there unless you get drunk often and have to walk home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach