Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 AM

11 posts, read 55,086 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm thinking of taking a job in Palm Beach Gardens and living in Jupiter. Can you give me your opinions on Abacoa Town Center? Are there young people there? Single people? Or is it mainly couples, families, older people... I want there to be things within walking distance, to be able to sit outside at a cafe with my dog, etc. Not a complete city feel, but just don't want to be completely secluded. I'm a single girl in my 20s, and don't want to feel like I don't fit in. Your opinions are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 AM

162 posts, read 679,153 times
I spend plenty of time at Town Center, and from what I've seen most of the people living their are either college students at FAU's Honor's College down the street or young professionals (mix of couples and singles). Most of the families and older residents live outside of Town Center in other areas of Abacoa, although there are a few that do live "downtown".

The bars along Town Center Drive tend to get loud on some nights. Might want to consider one of the outside units where it's a bit quieter...

Old 09-06-2009, 07:17 PM

12 posts, read 75,488 times
Default Abacoa

Abacoa is a great place to live. I think it very easy to find things to do but just as easy to get your quiet time. ***MOD CUT***

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 11-24-2009 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: ads not allowed

Old 09-07-2009, 03:58 PM

8 posts, read 29,391 times
I live in Abacoa and am a young professional- I work in WPB. There is a starbucks and some restaurants in the Town Center, a gym, tanning salon etc. Its nice to go and sit. There are young professionals, single and families, everywhere in Abacoa. I do think if you are going out most times you would go to palm beach gardens or wpb...there is plenty to do in Jupiter but it is definitely small town feel!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 AM

141 posts, read 453,509 times
beagle...you have been starting threads for the past several months asking for opinions on every place you seem to find out about. You are getting the same answers as you would if you would just search the forums, just do a search for jupiter, abacoa, palm beach gardens etc.

Palm beach gardens is directly south of abacoa jupiter. I am about to close on a unit in legends, its in palm beach gardens but its literally like across the street from abacoa, i can see the welcome to abacoa sign from the community entrance.

If you are set on having a job in PBG then you need to go to that area and look in the abacoa/palm beach gardens area. Its all the same (at least it was to me), its a really nice area, lots of shopping and restaurants....you should focus on getting down there and looking for yourself, you have asked enough questions and done enough research, you wont get much further without going to this area yourself.

Job in PBG? research housing in a 10 mile radius from where you will be working, make a list, and then go down and check it out for yourself to see what fits you best.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach