Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,327 times

Advertisements

I've worked PD in western PBCounty for 15 years and have seen all types of crimes but as a resident of Boynton Beach I must add my 3 cents worth, as I have read so many of the posts on crime in Boynton!

I'm still trying to figure where it's at. On the news everyday we see and hear of crime, but it's in Royal palm or Miami or Ft lauderdale. I drive everyday through the seacrest area and yes, it's a mostly African American neighborhood but its definately not high crime. Boynton Beach PD is one of the best departments to work for in South Florida, it has one of the best reputations for keeping the peace. Their total incident numbers are well below any other city in Palm Beach County. All stats available at linkingcommunities.com for anyone to see.

I am deeply dissapointed as to how negative some people have become with their post on this site. Please! those of you reading these posts about Boynton Beach. Make sure you come and see for yourself, dont believe everything you see on this forum. Visit the Lake Ida/Mission Hil, Chapel Hill, Golfview Harbour and Sky lake neighborhoods out east and the very many gated communities west of Congress. Boynton Beach is a sweet litrtle town with great beaches and a growing downtown.

Boynton Homee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM

41 posts, read 177,535 times
Welcome to the Boynton BANDWAGON.
All it takes is 1 bad egg and the whole place then smells crappy.
FYI, there are some old folks in Boynton and they will say anything to get some attention and it seems they are still living in the fifties. They see a black guy on a bicycle and they call the cops
Now they're on this forum spreading the crime disease.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:35 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfalot View Post
Welcome to the Boynton BANDWAGON.
All it takes is 1 bad egg and the whole place then smells crappy.
FYI, there are some old folks in Boynton and they will say anything to get some attention and it seems they are still living in the fifties. They see a black guy on a bicycle and they call the cops
Now they're on this forum spreading the crime disease.
Us "old folks" have a hell of a lot more experience in life than those "young folks".

Old 07-29-2009, 11:09 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,531,128 times
Folks,
I will not allow this thread to degenerate into a racist rant or and "Old vs. Young" debate.
The Original poster, (Welcome!) started this thread to discuss the real level of crime in Boyton.

Please stick to the topic in a respectful manner.

Frank (Mod)

Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
I think Boynton's main problem is if you are "in" the element, but there are lots of spillover robberies and burglaries in the "better" areas, especially the unincorporated areas that don't have their own PD. Think west Miramar bordering on Miami Gardens. East of US1 is good.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Yes Frank! and the topic is 'crime in Boynton where is it" question mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
based on an older thread started a couple months ago I'm thinking.
I believe it went something like "crime in Boynton out of control"

A LITTLE BIASED AND OR RACIST BACK THEN WOULDN'T YOU THINK?

Lets get the picture real straight right now.
Boynton is not a bad place and crime is not higher than anywhere else.
There just happens to be a couple ignorant residents nearby that will post anything without doing proper research.

I agree with the prevention of racism and blatant prejudice within this forum but I won't tolerate ignorance and the lack of knowledge and fact. I live in the Chapel Hill area( for 10 years now might I add) and have NOT seen or heard of any of the so-called crime listed in that previous thread, "out of control crime in boynton".

YES! There was a string of unlicensed contracting arrests here in the neighbourhood 3 or 4 months ago but other than that, not much else going on. I think some people have gotten a little too concerned over what they thought was major crime during those unlicensed contracting arrests.

Lets all just take that chill-pill, sit back and think about things before we go outside into this really screwed-up world right now.

2 Ears 1 mouth
we should listen twice as much as we speak

Old 07-29-2009, 04:12 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
.....or how about you just go to this link, and under, "city name, type, "boynton beach"..........?

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office - Booking Blotter

Boynton Beach has plenty of crime, just like other towns/cities.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM

thats my whole point,
NO MORE THAN ANYWHERE ELSE
so lets not isolate!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,783 times
The area of Boynton around Seacrest from Delray to Ocean Ave is the only part I know well, but it is really nice. After I sold my house in Boca in 2005 and it was so expensive everywhere this is the area I nearly bought in because it was so nice. My mom lived in boca where she was a victim of violent crime to wellington where she was miserable to the area South of Woolbright and East of Seacrest and she has been there 20 years without any issue and they love it. It is rich with many different cultures, and very safe. My little sister grew up there and never has had any issues. The only "criminal activity" I have heard them discuss is pot smoking, which goes on in every neighborhood and every demographic

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

7 posts, read 32,203 times
Default BOYNTON BEACH-VILLAGE ROYALE CONDOS. pROBLEM??

i MA LOOKING AT POSSIBLY BUYING AN INEXPENSIVE CONDO IN BOYNTON OR DELRAY BEACH EAST OF i-95

VILLAGE ROAYLE HAS SO MANY CONDOS FOR SALE--WHAT IS GOING ON THERE?

IS THE AREA A PROBLEM?
TX
jULIAN G.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach