Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 10:03 AM

28 posts, read 68,266 times

Advertisements

We are new to WPB and are temporarily staying in Wellington. Once we sell our home in another city, we will be moving to Broward. In the meantime, I am trying to find some things to do w/ our kids (4 & 2). My son is in VPK, but when he is not in school we need some other activities. What is out there that is free and/ or cheap? Parks? Play areas (other than malls). Other suggestions? Thanks in advance to this WPB newbie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,790,136 times
Hi. I remember as a kid going to Lion Safari which is in West Palm and loved it. I am going to go with my mom as an adult. I am not sure if you would be willing to drive but I found a sea aqauriam in Miami. There is some water park is it called Bonkers if you google it on Airport Road in Boca.Not sure how cheap that is though. Also you may look at the library they have groups and activities for kids. That should be free or affordable.I wish I had more to offer. I don't have kids but just a few thoughts I came up with

Old 09-03-2009, 03:33 PM

28 posts, read 68,266 times
Thank you DaniellaG. I know about some of the bigger well-known places, since I grew up in Broward. I sinced moved to N. Fla, and am now back down here in Wellington. I was hoping to find things around WPB/Wellington area (parks, jumping places, etc). Thank you again for your info, and I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:17 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
There is a really big water park in the area (rivals just about anything in Orlando) called Rapids Water Park.

There is the South Florida Science Museum, there is the Drehr Park Zoo.

There is Lion Country Safari. There are a few "jump and play" type places in the county as well.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,790,136 times
If you look online at Wellington branch of Palm Beach County Library they have a list of things for kids like magic,puppet shows,story time. I am sure there is a local park near that would have swings and jungle gym. I am from out of state but do you have Chucky Cheese here? Granted it was 20 plus years ago but I liked that as a kid.To me just a day at the pool though very hot right now was always fun growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach