Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 PM

202 posts, read 539,143 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife and I just bought a house in Boca Raton and have terrazzo in the all 3 bedrooms which seem to be in pretty good condition. (small stains). In the living room and kitchen it is covered with ceramic tile. We would like to remove the tile and restore all the terrazzo. Any recommendations of companies if you have done this before. Should we hire someone to remove the tile so we don't damage the terrazzo even more. Whats an estimated price range for restoration - sq. ft?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I don't live in the area, I live in Sarasota, but the topic caught my eye. I want to chime and say that restoring the terrazzo is soooooo worth it! We had ours restored when we bought our home last year, and not only is it the most BEAUTIFUL floor we have ever had, but it is the easiest to maintain - all I ever do is sweep it, and once in a while go over it lightly with a damp swiffer! And when people come over they oooh and aaaah over it. And it feels GREAT under your feet! Ours was in fairly good shape to start with and it cost us roughly $2 per square foot, similar to wood floor refinishing.

Good luck, I am sure you will be pleased!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 AM

202 posts, read 539,143 times
Great thanks for all your information. Will keep you updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: