Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Exorbitant parking fees? Most meters are free after 7PM downtown. Garages are a couple of bucks for a full evening out.
When I was trying to find parking down there on Clematis, all I could find was a parking lot which turned out to be a valet lot. The guy told me that there was a spot to park which was free. I tried and some a$$ pulled into the space before I could with his fancy smancy large car I went back to that lot and the guy told me I could park there but it was gonna cost me $10, I believe. Kind of steep compared to parking here in Louisville. When I walked past that guy and gal who stole my spot I gave them "that look" I figure that they must of been NYer's, like most of the folks down there in South Florida. I was furious, but I got over it. People are just nicer here and let you in their spaces when they are pulling out or direct you where a parking space is, give you directions and are just have that southern hospitality here. Other than that, I really loved it at Clematis and South Florida in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 03:46 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
When I was trying to find parking down there on Clematis, all I could find was a parking lot which turned out to be a valet lot. The guy told me that there was a spot to park which was free. I tried and some a$$ pulled into the space before I could with his fancy smancy large car I went back to that lot and the guy told me I could park there but it was gonna cost me $10, I believe. Kind of steep compared to parking here in Louisville. When I walked past that guy and gal who stole my spot I gave them "that look" I figure that they must of been NYer's, like most of the folks down there in South Florida. I was furious, but I got over it. People are just nicer here and let you in their spaces when they are pulling out or direct you where a parking space is, give you directions and are just have that southern hospitality here. Other than that, I really loved it at Clematis and South Florida in general

Next time you come down, there are four parking garages on or near Clematis. Including the police station garage, which is often available for parking. The garage just across Quadrille from City Center, the Garage at the Library/City Center, and the Banyan Street Parking Garage near Centennial Square. Meters can also often be found on the side streets just north and south of Clematis, such as on Evernia, etc.

The surface lots are rips offs!

Old 11-07-2010, 07:48 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Quote:
Next time you come down, there are four parking garages on or near Clematis. Including the police station garage, which is often available for parking. The garage just across Quadrille from City Center, the Garage at the Library/City Center, and the Banyan Street Parking Garage near Centennial Square. Meters can also often be found on the side streets just north and south of Clematis, such as on Evernia, etc.

The surface lots are rips offs!

Thanks so much. I do remember those streets and seeing garages. I appreciate the info. I do plan to come back and really enjoyed my visit and I need all the info I can get It's gr-reat ya'll have concerts year around. Our concerts here are just in the summer and they don't serve food or drinks, so ya'll are

Old 11-07-2010, 09:24 AM

115 posts, read 337,356 times
It seemed anything but dead last night when we drove through, and it was 60F outside (quite chilly for us South Floridians!). And it was just beautiful. It actually already had a Christmasy atmosphere. Lots of people (nice people,nicely dressed, what thugs?), open air jazz band, families with kids. We drove through CityPlace then east on Okeechobee all the way to the ocean,back west on Worth Ave and back to CityPlace, I was quite impressed. And entering WPB downtown from I95 looks so nice too. I don't know what problems, if any, lie deep beneath, but on the surface it's quite an appealing place.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackHomeMIA View Post
It seemed anything but dead last night when we drove through, and it was 60F outside (quite chilly for us South Floridians!). And it was just beautiful. It actually already had a Christmasy atmosphere. Lots of people (nice people,nicely dressed, what thugs?), open air jazz band, families with kids. We drove through CityPlace then east on Okeechobee all the way to the ocean,back west on Worth Ave and back to CityPlace, I was quite impressed. And entering WPB downtown from I95 looks so nice too. I don't know what problems, if any, lie deep beneath, but on the surface it's quite an appealing place.

If you're out and about downtown at 3AM and causing trouble or putting yourself into bad situation (trying to buy drugs or associating with troublemakers), the chances of there being a "problem" for you drop exponentially. A lot of people who comment on this board do associate or run with crowds who always seem to be in trouble, looking for trouble, or have trouble find them.

For those who are normal folks and just want to have a good time or good meal, they will never experience extraordinary problems.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,337 times
TriMT7, thank you for continually being the voice of truth and giving a balanced viewpoint. I enjoy my visits to downtown West Palm Beach / City Place very much. When my niece accepted a job in the WPB area and moved there fresh out of college, I was very concerned about all the negative press I had read such as high crime, rude people, major traffic jams, etc. I have visited there many times in the past couple years and all of the negative reports have proved to be false and apparently were based on rumors that have been floating around for five years or more. When people search blogs, including this one, they need to pay attention to the dates on the postings. Some of the postings are really old.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:46 AM

174 posts, read 207,282 times
Cityplace is amazing at first but then it loses its appeal in like two weeks because of the strangers that hang around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach