Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

I agree with posters before me. Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington or Royal Palm Beach is where you should steer yourself if you're looking to start a family.

You will love Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens for cleanliness, proximity to beautiful beaches, outstanding shopping, low crime and good schools. You don't need to be rich to live in the places I've listed, but expect to spend at least 240k for a 3 bedroom townhouse, with better prices for condos.

Check out homes in Abacoa, a great family-oriented development in Jupiter!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 AM

12 posts, read 38,176 times
Palm Beach County is not a third world country...some posters obviously don't live here. But, what you can expect is high property taxes and high home insurance. The cost to a new arrival is high in the housing market. If I had to do it all over, I would rent for a while to get a feel for the place and wait for those real estate prices to drop even further...because they will. It is much cheaper to rent than to buy right now. And yes Palm Beach Gardens, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Jupiter are all fairly good areas. Great restaurants and shopping are prevalent. This whole area is like one big city....no real breaks between cities....all urban/suburban sprawl.

As far as gangs, I just hear about them on the local news....never really saw any nor witnessed in acts of violence. I suspect they are wannabes and they seem to be just shooting each other at the present time.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:20 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times
Thanks for the backup. I've been waiting for you guys. Where have you been? I thought I was the only one who liked it here and was beginning to question my own judgement.

I'm O.K. now,........... O.K., let's spread out and cover all corners of the Palm Beach threads, making sure the "naysayers and trolls" don't give out misinformation.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Unless you're very high middle class or rich you probably won't find a decent area in Palm Beach County anymore. The main city in Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, also happens to be the 7th most dangerous city in the entire U.S., and most of the cities around it, like Palm Springs, Lake Worth, Lantana, Boynton Beach, Riviera Beach, Belle Glade (well, that's far out of the way but it's still in the county and is not a good area at all) are mostly the type of cities you'd want to stay away from.

If you have the cash areas like Wellington, Jupiter, Palm Palm Beach Gardens, and Boca Raton are worth looking into.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfl View Post
Palm Beach County is not a third world country...some posters obviously don't live here. But, what you can expect is high property taxes and high home insurance. The cost to a new arrival is high in the housing market. If I had to do it all over, I would rent for a while to get a feel for the place and wait for those real estate prices to drop even further...because they will. It is much cheaper to rent than to buy right now. And yes Palm Beach Gardens, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Jupiter are all fairly good areas. Great restaurants and shopping are prevalent. This whole area is like one big city....no real breaks between cities....all urban/suburban sprawl.

As far as gangs, I just hear about them on the local news....never really saw any nor witnessed in acts of violence. I suspect they are wannabes and they seem to be just shooting each other at the present time.
They are not wannabes, I want to know what area you are in. They definitely exist across the county, if you live in the main cities of Lake Worth, Palm Springs, Lantana or East Boynton or West Palm Beach you'd have witnessed them by now.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 PM

12 posts, read 38,176 times
I live west of WPB about 8 miles or so. The "gangs" seem to be a recent problem....at least the media didn't latch on to the problem until a couple of years ago. And yes, I read the paper...saw all the dots of known gang areas spread out among the county. As an average citizen of PBC, I have yet to see gangs or gang activities. Perhaps if I worked for the Sheriff's Dept., I would be at the front line of gang visibility....or maybe lived in Boynton, I could claim to have witnessed gangs.

Could it be the tip of the iceberg for future problems? Yes, it could be.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 PM

10 posts, read 26,355 times
I am looking to sell my house in Palm Beach Gardens, but we loved it. My daughter was at Bright Futures a gifted charter school. I would recommend.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:40 PM

11 posts, read 31,292 times
Local crime, live scanners and wanted fugitives (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/crime/index.html - broken link)

I grew up in North Florida and I just recently moved to West Palm Beach for a job and I can tell you it is like a third world country down here. People don't know how to drive, you need to learn spanish to talk to anyone, crime is completely horrible and people down here are just plain rude with no manners. Oh yeah, and they are some of the dumbest people I have ever came in contact with and I was in the military and traveled the World.

Local crime, live scanners and wanted fugitives (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/crime/index.html - broken link)

It is not nice here, it is trashy and traffic is horrible. The only nice places is where all the millionaires live. You will pay way too much for the quality of life you get.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEGator View Post

I grew up in North Florida and I just recently moved to West Palm Beach for a job and I can tell you it is like a third world country down here. People don't know how to drive, you need to learn spanish to talk to anyone, crime is completely horrible and people down here are just plain rude with no manners. Oh yeah, and they are some of the dumbest people I have ever came in contact with and I was in the military and traveled the World.

It is not nice here, it is trashy and traffic is horrible. The only nice places is where all the millionaires live. You will pay way too much for the quality of life you get.
Sounds like somebody should of done their research. West Palm Beach DOES have a third world feel to it, even more so than Miami. That's why you live in an area like Wellington or Palm Beach Gardens

Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,251 times
I am also wanting to relocate to this area and have the same types of questions. If you do visit and can offer any advice please help. OR, maybe you have relocated already and if so, do you like it? I have researched the schools like crazy and might be able to help you out there. If you need info on that let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach