Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:51 PM

6 posts, read 11,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow4 View Post
We are planning a move from Texas to the wpb area in July. We are planning to rent for the first yeart until we become more familiar with the area. But it seams to me there are not a lot of homes to rent (in the reasonable $1500 price bracket), only townhomes. Is this a South Florida thing, do most live in townhomes??
I am actually moving from Houston to the WPB area and have really had a hard time finding a rental from here. I leave on Sunday and will be staying in a hotel until I find something. I found a wonderful realtor that is helping me find a rental in a good school district. The homes seem to rent the same day they are listed...and beleive me - the cost of living is terrible compared to TX. I priced my auto insurance with my current carrier and it will double - guess it is time to shop around! Good luck with the move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 AM

6 posts, read 18,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon37 View Post
SKYLINET-Good Advice. There is a lot with Chinese Drywall in Cobblestone and I have heard the townhouse community Briella too....

Lake Charleston (non gated with low HOA), Smith Farm (gated), or Winston Trails would fit your criteria best since you want to be under or in low 200's and the schools are excellent! All beautiful with limited foreclosures since they are older and people weren't buying them up in the boom....

Christa McCauliffe is a fabulous middle school and Park Vista is top rated school with an excellent curriculum. Have stepkids in both schools and all I listed above are in Park Vista High School district. I know the elemenatry schools are good too but don't know much about them. Go onto www.greatschools.com.

I really wouldn't advise that you look in Equus, Cobblestone Creek, or Canyon's since the homes are higher and they are lookingto re-zone the schools in Canyon. Another nice community is greystone in West Boynton and I believe you may find something in your range too. I know they are building a brand new elementary on the premises.

We are in Wellington in Olympia for 8 months now about 2 miles from the Tpke and the schools here are great. We moved down here from NJ. Lots of foreclosures in here, but we are renters and so glad about it! We now have a feel for the overall area and have decided exactly where we want to reside. Highly recommend it if you are undecided! Buying a home is a huge decision!

You'll get the most for your money in the areas I listed. Believe me, I have been looking around for a while.....
hi, i am moving to palm beach county from ny in the next few months....i am considering buying a equus home in west boynton...is there also a problem with re-zoning for schools? I am also looking at Olympia homes in wellington...based on your research which do you think is better for a family with small kids? my daughter will start kindergarten next year. Since i will be buying property i am also concerned with middle school options as well as high school. Also, are your schools attending public or private schools in wellington? Lastly, how do you compare wellington"s school system to that of NJ? thanks

Old 12-12-2010, 09:06 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,328,893 times
Our daughter is in Elem and I can tell you the high performing schools in Boca are Waters Edge and Del Prado and those you can compare to NJ...Look at the reviews on the schools more than the test scores...I like to read and hear what experiences other parents or students have...we have friends looking in Canyon Trails but are worried about the rezoning since a friend of ours lived in Boynton and was being re-zoned summer of 2010 so she moved and is now renting in boca so her daughter can attend the HS here...I would call the County for that information as they would know best...you have a long way ahead of you for middle and HS..We moved to Boca from NJ because of the schools we have a child who will be attending middle school and our son is a sophmore in HS and this was the only school he/us wanted him to go to and we couldnt be happier...No one knows as far as re-zoning what the county will do in the near future no matter where you live...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 AM

82 posts, read 219,676 times
Rezoned from where to where?

Old 12-13-2010, 03:32 PM

they were rezoned from Park Vista to eitherr Boynton Beach High or Olympic I asked her today my friend that is...she was not far from Hagan Road her house was fairly new...and My friends who are looking called PBC and in fact it is Olympic for the Canyons so they scratched it off their list...this is just a Preliminary for them to get a feel of areas...They may just look in Boca at this point and send their kids to My sons High School...its going to depend whether or not he gets his Job Transfer...

Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM

82 posts, read 219,676 times
What is wrong with Olympic?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5312 View Post
What is wrong with Olympic?
I dont want to offend anyone its just not a desirable school to be in academically and socially...and its the only school in boca that is Under Enrolled..

Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM

3 posts, read 5,360 times
Default jaygre and bon37

i just "friended" you. i am in my 50's and raised 3 sons in nj. i totally get where you're coming from (literally) and understand all of your concerns.

having said that, i cannot comment on schools because 1 of my boys is 27, married and OUT!!! the other 2 are currently going to ramapo college.

i have a house in olympia that i purchased AT THE HIGH (who knew) and i will be moving permenantly next week.

when i purchased i purposely wanted a family friendly community vs. a "55 and older" AND i wanted to live in an area with excellent schools (resale value) that's how i ended up in wellington.

as for olympia......have not been there for longer than 2 weeks at a time to give you a fair opinion.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,651 times
my home is for sale in smith farms, buy owner.com 6151 branchwood drive. property # 213740 gated community. nice quiet sub section Timberwood. privacy and screened in patio and backyard leads to farm with canal in between . 3 a rated schools, coral reef elementary,woodlands middle and park vista high school. buses now allowed in to smith farm blvd. our son went and graduated from all 3 schools. the teachers are wonderful. our hoa pays for our beautiful landscaping throughout 2 miles where u can get some exercise.its $330,000 but please come see or call #on website. 2 pools and tennis courts , basketball courts, bike and skate paths too. very family oriented. we only moved because we downsized. i left my bff and very nice neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach