Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM

326 posts, read 1,169,667 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm looking for a neighborhood for a friend of mine who's mother lives in Delray. He's in his late 40's early 50's active for his age like to go out n fish too. He wants to live within 20 min to his moms place. I recomended Jupiter, Juno Beach area but it might be to far. I don't want to send him to Jurassic Park South County that is Delay, Boca and parts of Boynton. However I don't want to send him to Guerilla Warfare that is Lake Worth. I herd a while ago that North End of Lake Worth is little different. Does anyone know any neighborhoods so I can narrow my search. No 55+ either.
Thank You for reading n responses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
Hello I'm looking for a neighborhood for a friend of mine who's mother lives in Delray. He's in his late 40's early 50's active for his age like to go out n fish too. He wants to live within 20 min to his moms place. I recomended Jupiter, Juno Beach area but it might be to far. I don't want to send him to Jurassic Park South County that is Delay, Boca and parts of Boynton. However I don't want to send him to Guerilla Warfare that is Lake Worth. I herd a while ago that North End of Lake Worth is little different. Does anyone know any neighborhoods so I can narrow my search. No 55+ either.
Thank You for reading n responses
In Lake Worth: Parrot Cove, College Park

Southend West Palm Beach: "SoSo" (South of Southern), Flamingo Park, Southland Park, El Cid, Central Park/Monceaux, Grandview Heights.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 AM

326 posts, read 1,169,667 times
College park and parrot cove thats sound rite. Those other southside neighborhoods are personally my favorite in West Palm I just figure he wants to be closer to fishing pier and his mom.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
College park and parrot cove thats sound rite. Those other southside neighborhoods are personally my favorite in West Palm I just figure he wants to be closer to fishing pier and his mom.
Well, it's all within a few miles.... I think Okeechobee Blvd. in West Palm to downtown Lake Worth is only a few miles along Dixie. Many also fish off the causeway/bridge on the Southern Blvd. access from WPB to Palm Beach as well.

But yeah, I would live in the College Park and Parrot Cove area.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
Jupiter to Delray is about 35 - 40 minutes drive time. It will depend also of the time of day you are traveling, if you got during rush hour that will increase.

The other thing to consider is how often does he travel to his mother's. If he is only going once or twice a week - driving an extra 15 - 20 minutes to / from Jupiter is not a big problem. If he goes daily than it may become a problem.

Personally I would drive the extra 20 and live in Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens. I actually worked in Delray for awhile and drove from Jupiter - it really was not that bad, the only times that I really dreaded it was if there was a heavy rain, seems like when the rains hit - so did the accidents on I-95. During those times I would take Federal Highway or the Turnpike.

Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens have a Turnpike exit.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:12 AM

Parrot Cove has a home tour coming up on March 7, 2010:

Parrot Cove Neigborhood Association

It's a great REAL Florida neighborhood, with a whole lot of charm.

College Park also has home tours, but I don't know when the next one is:

Picasa Web Albums - Brent - Views of Coll...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach