Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 AM

7 posts, read 24,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Living in a nice neighborhood is not a "priviledge"....it should be earned by getting a good education and working hard. If you earn it, you will most likely cherish it and take good care of it....
I am on Section 8 here in Washington. I plan on moving to Florida, but with all this negativity I don't know. I have been working for Bank of America for a year. I was promoted last month. I am currently 23 and have a associates degree. I have two young children. So, you are telling me I have not earned my way into a nice neighborhood? Not everyone on Section is bad, no job, and nothing going for them. Section 8 does not pay the full amount of rent, they pay a portion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westpalm View Post
It is impossible to even look at buying anything in the super luxurious Black Diamond because section 8 is in walking distance.
Where is this at? I live near there and don't see anything bad???

Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,877,579 times
cjsupreme, have responded in a private message to your reasonable query about the viability of moving to FL. I volunteer with faith-based agencies who help people find housing. I'm not happy about the tone of the previous posters. Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 PM

3,127 posts, read 3,823,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsupreme View Post
I am on Section 8 here in Washington. I plan on moving to Florida, but with all this negativity I don't know. I have been working for Bank of America for a year. I was promoted last month. I am currently 23 and have a associates degree. I have two young children. So, you are telling me I have not earned my way into a nice neighborhood? Not everyone on Section is bad, no job, and nothing going for them. Section 8 does not pay the full amount of rent, they pay a portion.
This is what's wrong with America.

If YOU can't afford to live in nice neighborhood, then no, YOU shouldn't be living there. What right do YOU think YOU have to live someplace YOU can't afford.

I have NO desire to pay ANY protion of YOUR rent.

Last edited by ysr_racer; 01-01-2011 at 12:34 AM..

Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 PM

3,127 posts, read 3,823,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Princess View Post
You never no who is on Section 8
Trust me, you ALWAYS know.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:36 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,465,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsupreme View Post
You earn your way into a nice neighborhood by working hard and being able to afford to pay all of your mortgage/rent....not waiting for a government handout.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:29 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,002,090 times
I agree with the above three posts. Yes, you may work hard at your job, take care of your kids, and be a great citizen... but if $800/month is what you can afford, you shouldn't be living in a $1,200/month neighborhood and expecting the government (your fellow taxpayers) to cover you for the extra $400.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:51 PM

232 posts, read 769,431 times
[SIZE=3]It is not as cut and dry for me. Should she live in a bad neighborhood because her fulltime job would only support rent apts/houses in a bad neighborhood? If she is working fulltime, I would have no problems if my tax dollars went to supplement her family living in a nice neighborhood. It’s for the deadbeats that refuse to get any kind of job that I have issues with. My issues are also with the fact that the military budget is grossly out of whack. That our military pays companies like Halliburton billions to run empty convoys back and forth. Section 8 is nothing compared to where the money is really being wasted. More of a distraction.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,916,524 times
Yes, section 8 is pretty tricky nowadays. LOL. You'd be surprised of the number of gated communities that have section 8 rentals. From outward appearances, you'll never know that it's secition 8 approved but, in all honesty, if you spend a few moments driving around getting a 'feel' for the place, you're figure it out really quick. I don't think anyone should be offended but in most cases, this is true.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,758,582 times
Section 8 Housing is a blight on almost any community it touches because the beneficiaries make it so.
Soon they will create Section 8 Transportation to subsidize automobile ownership.
Right now CA localities are considering accepting food Stamps in resaurants (no kidding).
So why not expand the benefits to include Clothing Vouchers ?
Then we can move on to Entertainment and Grooming Allowances!

Ya gotta laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach