Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d822 View Post
hi, this is my first time to write a thread but i want to know the trurth form people living in florida, we are moving to florida in june ( me, my husband and my son) my husband will be working between wellington and port st.lucie and we are thinking about palm beach gardens or royal palm beach? we saw some apartments and condos in both areas and we liked it so far, we are looking for 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms around 1100$/mo ( a gated cummunity will be great), i want to know which area is better to live in( not too expensive)? safer? cleaner? and has good schools? and i heard about a problem in the water in some cities in the county in which the water can cause cancer in children? so if any one can help me with my questions i will be so grateful.

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a 21 year resident of PB Co transplanted from NYC. I am also a full real estate and mortgage consultant ( not soliciting your business ). Three areas I would consider, in order, would be Jupiter, PB Gardens, Wellington. There is alot of inventory and good schools in these areas. Wellington is inland, Jupiter and PB gardens are minutes from beaches. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me. Summers can be hot, June will be hot, so be prepated for heat but don't get discouraged, you will acclimate. Jim Reid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 10:05 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,794 times
Why don't you mention Boca? Don't they have good schools?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
SAK boca schools are ranked way up there for palm beach county along with jupiter...I had done so much homework, as well as I have 2 friends that I grew up who are teachers in florida and these are the 2 best places for schools in Palm beach...Alot of people "dont" mention boca because of the stigma and that they think that if you arent that way you wont be happy..if your NOT a a snob..Im not even going to give a response since dh and I and the kids are very happy in Boca all around and is def the best place we have lived..We have lived in alot of different places as well, from NYC, NJ to Colorado to NC and let me tell you boca is no different than anywhere else in the country as far as kinds of people....although we dont find the people like that...

Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,164 times
Hi, we moved to palm beach gardens a year ago it is a bit expesive but you get what you pay for, i have to boys and they get to go out side play with friends and i dont have to worry. having peace of mind and great school should not have a price tag. I know its hard and we have struggled but thats ok my families well beeing and safty makes it worth while. good luck on ur trip.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
SAK boca schools are ranked way up there for palm beach county along with jupiter...I had done so much homework, as well as I have 2 friends that I grew up who are teachers in florida and these are the 2 best places for schools in Palm beach...Alot of people "dont" mention boca because of the stigma and that they think that if you arent that way you wont be happy..if your NOT a a snob..Im not even going to give a response since dh and I and the kids are very happy in Boca all around and is def the best place we have lived..We have lived in alot of different places as well, from NYC, NJ to Colorado to NC and let me tell you boca is no different than anywhere else in the country as far as kinds of people....although we dont find the people like that...
Dont' take this the wrong way, but are you nuts? I've lived in a lot of places in and out of Florida and Boca is VERY different from most places. Yes, it's beautiful. But it IS full of snobs and rude people, even more than most of south Florida.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 AM

6 posts, read 8,524 times
Really???? Those we know living there do not agree at all. Say they find the PEOPLE of Boca VERY VERY NICE. hmmmmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach