U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 25,610 times

Advertisements

Hi! I will be moving from NYC to Southern Florida. I already have a steady job offer in Florida with an 105K salary! I was hoping that you can give me very safe areas in the county with relatively good schools. I have young children and I also want it to be somewhat affordable. Thanks!

Areas I love so far are Coral Springs and Boca Raton.

Is Boynton Beach any good?

Can you also give me definite areas to avoid!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,785,408 times
We live in Cental Boca Raton we too are former Nyker's and I can tell you we couldnt be happier here..We love the schools hence why we moved here because that was the main priority since we have a High Schooler and a daughter graduating 5th grade so the schools were most important...I would also consider Jupiter if its not too far of a commute...these would be the 2 towns for Schools I would look into...

good luck

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 8,918 times
Boca is great;central to Ft Lauderdale or West Palm. Check out West Boca as well. The Falls, Loger's Run. Young,afforable large houses.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,687,338 times
There are parts of Boynton that are very nice. Are you looking to stay in Southern Palm Beach County?
There's plenty of nice area's in PBC for a family.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM

3,047 posts, read 6,576,174 times
Where is your job going to be located?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:16 PM

My job will be located in Boca too with an occasional trip to Miami. For the most part I am looking to Stay in the good areas of West Palm County!

Does anyone recommend Boynton Beach?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 PM

In Boca with the occasional trip to Miami.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,687,338 times
West Boynton Beach is a good family area. Are you looking at homes in Canyons? Nice subdivisions there. It's newer/less expensive per square foot than Boca. Good turnpike access, 15-20 min to the beach, and a decent amount of shopping/restaurants in the area.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM

6,431 posts, read 9,948,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngoldman12 View Post
Hi! I will be moving from NYC to Southern Florida. I already have a steady job offer in Florida with an 105K salary! I was hoping that you can give me very safe areas in the county with relatively good schools. I have young children and I also want it to be somewhat affordable. Thanks!

Areas I love so far are Coral Springs and Boca Raton.

Is Boynton Beach any good?

Can you also give me definite areas to avoid!

Thanks
Don't listen to the hype. Take it from someone who's actually lived in Boynton. Boynton IS nice. It just has it's parts. Like many have said, West Boynton is where you want to go. That's where I lived. I lived a walk from Boynton Beach Mall. VERY nice neighborhoods. Very quiet! No drama. I took the bus to school and the very nice and clean PalmTran to other locations in Boynton I needed to go. I like the diversity of Boynton. There was alot of carribean/island nationalities such as Haitians, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Puerto-Ricans and of course you have many Northerners who come to Boynton and open businesses. We have MANY Italian restaurants and closeby Delray has them too. I just love Boynton's diversity. And the landscaping! Good gracious. SO NICE. There's lot of good things about Boynton. You just have to take your time to know the city. If you listen to news reports, your going to naturally going to believe it's crime filled and such nonsense. But if you come here, you'll learn how great the people are, the food, the amenities and numerous things to do. Old folk don't retire here for nothing! Lol.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,396,747 times
My daughter and son in law work in Boca and after looking for 9 months finally settled in a beautiful neighborhood in Wellington. They are very happy and the neighborhood is very settled and not full of foreclosures, which was important. You will have lots of choices, just be sure to look alot and make a wise decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach