Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMcsmell View Post
I grew up on Long Island/city half my life and go back to visit family every year...and have lived in Orlando for a while now. So I like to think I have some experience of Florida and NY. I was only in Boca for one week...and experienced enough rudeness to last me a life time. Two people shoved me in a restaurant so that they could sit down on a waiting bench instead of just asking me to move...two men cut me in line when I was clearly there...peoples children were practically playing on top of me and the parents said nothing...one elderly man threw up from coughing so much in a restaurant he actually threw up...and DIDNT LEAVE...he continued eating and coughing...WE had to leave to keep from getting sick ourselves. I almost hit multiple people who just walk out into the middle of the road without looking both ways...Im sorry...but if you dont consider those things rude...you have a very high tolerance for rudeness....in addition hardly anyone smiled or was mildly polite...but this I dont expect from everywhere...but the above mentioned things are beyond my tolerance..am I just overly sensitive? I dont know....
Your pretty funny...People shoved u in a restaurant and where were you? Im living here 18 months have family here and IM From Brooklyn NY so Please....and have NOT experienced this in the time im here...20% Young? that is why we have 2200 kids in our HS being rated number 2 in Palm Beach County....Really???
Whatever!!! Its not worth my time to argue with someone who spent a week here and honestly I dont believe it...and we have great dining experiences here, and we eat out pretty often and well considering Im a NYker We havent encountered this as I do not have high tolerance for Stupid People or Rude People I guess I dont look for it like some people...I knew the stigma boca had but I lived in weathly areas before and it just doesn't phase me..its good thing u don't live here..life is too short to be miserable like Most..

Old 12-08-2010, 03:17 PM

522 posts, read 1,609,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Your pretty funny...People shoved u in a restaurant and where were you? Im living here 18 months have family here and IM From Brooklyn NY so Please....and have NOT experienced this in the time im here...20% Young? that is why we have 2200 kids in our HS being rated number 2 in Palm Beach County....Really???
Whatever!!! Its not worth my time to argue with someone who spent a week here and honestly I dont believe it...and we have great dining experiences here, and we eat out pretty often and well considering Im a NYker We havent encountered this as I do not have high tolerance for Stupid People or Rude People I guess I dont look for it like some people...I knew the stigma boca had but I lived in weathly areas before and it just doesn't phase me..its good thing u don't live here..life is too short to be miserable like Most..
Wow - I'm with u swimmom! I lived in se Florida 6 years and never got SHOVED anywhere! I lived in Boca for more than 2 years and I'm not a Boca fan (other than I think it's pretty, manicured, and safe) but I never got shoved! I gotta wonder, either it's not true or what did this person DO to GET shoved? Actually, I gotta admit, I think Boca is the LEAST likely place for people to get physical down there! I saw 2 men rolling around on a floor fighting it out at Publix in Boynton Beach. But BOCA,.....I don't think so....

Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Joanie thats funny about the 2 men..lol Its ok not to like boca and its not everyone's cup of tea but when I hear crap like this it just Infurates me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach