Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 AM

143 posts, read 415,842 times

Advertisements

So I am only in Florida 8 wks & had eggs thrown at my car while we were driving south on Rt 441 yesterday in Boca, right before Hillsboro Blvd. Out of the blue- luckily traffic was light, but seriously someone could have a heart attack those things make quite a racket when they hit- at first I thought a bird flew into my passenger door or something!
Anyway, is this a early Halloween thing? Does this happen frequently? Is this a road to avoid? Any info. is appreciated.
Of course I had just had the car washed the day before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I've never experienced it with respect to eggs and cars. Could be a Halloween thing. I remember in New Jesery coming home as a kid to find eggs all over the front door of the house on October 30th "Mischief Night" or something like that.

One thing I HAVE heard of in FLorida is kids throwing citrus at cars.... or at least, back when I was younger some kids did that..... I don't think it's a common occurrence though!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:19 AM

232 posts, read 773,153 times
This is where I wish we had SOME of far east or middle eastern laws.

Throw eggs at the car at the risk of recieving a good caning.

Steal from so and so's car at the risk of having your finger or hand cut off. No jail, no juvie, in and out of the legal system in a day.

Cannot abide by people who mess with cars.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Was it late at night? It's not common in south Florida but kids do get bored And stupid sometimes. I personally never had any object thrown at me, except for snowballs in colder cities. But I have heard about throwing eggs in Miami many years ago at a Cuban pizzeria and an idiot got arrested for throwing stones to cars in the keys. it's not the season, it's boredom and Idiotecy. it's unusual, and they will get arrested if the police sees them.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:40 PM

143 posts, read 415,842 times
It wasn't that late - around 8pm on a Saturday night. It was probably a bored teenage boy- I get that. As long as it seems this was an unusual event, I am ok. But I want to avoid any known problem areas .. . .

Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
Never experienced eggs. A couple years after I moved to PBC and the day after school got out for summer, I had 2 kids throw a rock at my vehicle. I didn't realize what it was from, when I got home told my hubby. He had seen some kids there so we went back and found them hiding in the woods. Turns out they also scratched my then neighbors vehicle too. Took them to their parents home, called the police. We could have pressed charges, but I just wanted the cop to scare the you-know-what out of them. The parents paid for our repairs.
If you do see who is doing that, call the police. Like you said, it could really scare the driver and cause an accident or something.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 PM

232 posts, read 773,153 times
Also wash your car immediately - egg has a way of ruining paint.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:55 AM

5 posts, read 10,421 times
That area of Palm Beach County/North Broward.... was probably kids getting initiated into the local click of kids or gang if you can call it that... a few reports in the local police blotter about it last year around this part of October...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach