U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:42 PM

39 posts, read 75,652 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Florida from Columbus with my husband and baby son. We are used to having a nice quiet lifestyle with pretty decent middle class living standards. We want to move from Ohio to go to a more fun, diversified area with a bit more to offer. We don't want to end up in another place like Columbus which we find very boring and uneventful. Out of Tampa and Boca which would be a better fit for us? We are both originally from big cities like NY and need that balance of things to do and a busier lifestyle than what C-bus offers us. But don't want to compromise on quality of life, we want a nice home, best neighborhood, best schools and good jobs without the hefty pricetag. Please those of you that have seen and lived in both areas HELP us make our choice!

Last edited by xsyrax; 11-11-2010 at 01:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 02:34 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times
What constitutes "hefty pricetag" to you?

Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM

417 posts, read 647,496 times
live in Miami ! you will love the Latin and Caribbean party fun lifestyle. Boca and West Palm will be too dull , white and Jewish for you to live lol

Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 AM

492 posts, read 1,238,088 times
If you find "that" place let us know. I lived here all my life and I've not found it yet!

Larry - Hobe Sound, Fl (perfect except for local jobs)

Old 11-12-2010, 08:08 AM

3,048 posts, read 6,556,259 times
I am not familiar with Tampa. In Boca you will pay a lot more and get a lot less then in OH. Boca is not diverse at all. I heard for FL the schools are pretty good. What do you do for a living?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
live in Miami ! you will love the Latin and Caribbean party fun lifestyle. Boca and West Palm will be too dull , white and Jewish for you to live lol

Wow, I can't imagine why you had difficulties finding employment.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 PM

5,242 posts, read 11,429,588 times
Honestly wherever you can get good jobs is the best place, Florida is not a good place to find work if you're in your 20's and 30's, even when the economy isn't totally horrible.

Palm Beach County is definitely mostly older people, most people are in their 40's or older. There are a lot of kids but once they graduate from college they go somewhere else to find work.

Places like Tampa and Orlando are younger. Orlando is full of people in their 20's. It's not a great place to work because wages are pretty low but at least there are more jobs for young people than in PBC. I'm not as familiar with Tampa but it always struck me as a younger place too.

PBC is definitely pretty quiet and parts are middle class, but there's just not a lot going on for people in their 20's and 30's, you'd find more nightlife stuff in Tampa/Orlando and more young people while still being able to live a middle-class suburban lifestyle.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:38 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,678,797 times
We moved from the Midwest and would never go back. Doesn't have that big city feel by any means but we find plenty of stuff to do. We have two neighbors from Ohio and they feel the same way (we're from Wisconsin). There's plenty of nightlife for people in their 20's and 30's, unless you are looking for the big nightclub scene.
It took a year or so, which we anticipated, but we both are making a decent living down here too. I would definitely have job lined up though if you can.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM

39 posts, read 75,652 times
skylinet whre are you living now? we are a middle class family making about $50,000. We want a diverse good overall place to live, not somewhere lacking in culture or color. NY is a great place but too expensive, same goes for Cali. Miami is dangerous and hard to afford safe good areas. Please help with another FLorida City...we cannot get stuck in midwest again and can't move have to go to southeast as northeast except for NY does not have good enough weather to make it worth living there

Old 11-20-2010, 08:14 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,678,797 times
We live in the Gardens which is just North of West Palm. Really like it up here, nice area with a lot to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach