U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 AM

195 posts, read 382,732 times

Advertisements

People on here are really starting to scare me. We may have to move more north in the future, but we moved to Broward about 3 years ago. People then said the same things they are now. We tried a couple different towns in Broward before choosing to buy a house. And most of the towns are family friendly and seem nice overall, not at all as scary as people portrayed. They all have their different "feel" and I think it is a personal preference vs. which place is better along with which crowd/neighbors you connect with. For example, Coral Springs vs. Weston, or Sunrise vs. Davie....I think you kinda like what you like....We are originally from Michigan and like the small town, burb, easy going people and larger yards. SoFlo is a far cry from that. We would love to live in certain parts of Davie, but houses seem to start at around 400k. I am curious what we would be in for if we had to move to PB area? For those that are familiar with our area (Broward)....and we would move to Davie if it were possible...would we be more Wellington people? Jupiter Farms? Or should we just pack it up and move back to MI? Being less the 45 mins from the PB airport is a must....we plan on the kids attending private (catholic) school instead of public...just looking for ideas....nothing is for sure, in Florida it never is, lol! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 AM

14,724 posts, read 16,421,487 times
Jupiter Farms, Palm Beach Country Estates, Loxahatchee all have larger lots, more rural feeling to them. And all within about 30 minutes of the airport. Palm Beach Country Estates may be more convenient than Jupiter Farms.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 AM

5,245 posts, read 6,876,496 times
Wellington is alright, it's an upper middle class suburb kind of place with good public schools. Lots of older houses (80's and 90's) but also a lot of new subdivisions. Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens are similar. Boca is older and more established but has a lot of new subdivisions in the outer areas too.

You're not going to get much of a small town feel anywhere in South Florida, most places are suburban sprawl and neighbors don't really talk to one another for whatever reason.

Loxahatchee honestly is kind of a rednecky dump, unless it's somehow come up in the world in the last few years. Yeah you could have a big yard but you might be living on a dirt road surrounded by neighbors who drive around on noisy ATV's all day.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM

"You're not going to get much of a small town feel anywhere in South Florida, most places are suburban sprawl and neighbors don't really talk to one another for whatever reason." -mayorhaggar I hear ya! I think that is why lately I am having a hard time living here. I feel as though everyone and everything is on top of each other and yet not super friendly (being surrrounded by people and all)....but my hubby is finding a lot of success down here, that is very hard to move away from....especially during these times. It is too bad that people do not reach out to one another anymore or fine joy in the simple thing in life. I wouldn't say we are redneck by any means, but we enjoy camping, bonfires, and sports. I find that many people here do not enjoy the same things we do. So maybe a little bit more space may do us good.....your comments are very helpful I will look into the areas you suggested, I would prefer to be somewhat of a short distance from the beach, Wellington may prove to be out of the way, but overall if it has what we are looking for....thee Palm Beach Estates may be promising....I will start googling....

Last edited by happymccamper; 11-16-2010 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: add to post

Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymccamper View Post
"You're not going to get much of a small town feel anywhere in South Florida, most places are suburban sprawl and neighbors don't really talk to one another for whatever reason." -mayorhaggar I hear ya! I think that is why lately I am having a hard time living here. I feel as though everyone and everything is on top of each other and yet not super friendly (being surrrounded by people and all)....but my hubby is finding a lot of success down here, that is very hard to move away from....especially during these times. It is too bad that people do not reach out to one another anymore or fine joy in the simple thing in life.
It really depends on where you move, to be honest. There are many hidden gem neighborhoods throughout South Florida. In my neighborhood there's a lot of neighbor friendliness. We had a massive garage sale last weekend with about 30 homes participating, and neighbors visiting. Next month is a holiday home tour and xmas light display contest, there are neighborhood block parties and get togethers.... all with no HOA!

It's to be expected if you move to a gated community that people might not be as friendly... not a rule, but you shouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymccamper
I wouldn't say we are redneck by any means, but we enjoy camping, bonfires, and sports. I find that many people here do not enjoy the same things we do. So maybe a little bit more space may do us good.....your comments are very helpful I will look into the areas you suggested, I would prefer to be somewhat of a short distance from the beach, Wellington may prove to be out of the way, but overall if it has what we are looking for....thee Palm Beach Estates may be promising....I will start googling....

Palm Beach Country Estates is just west of 95 off of Donald Ross Road. It's a straight 10 minute shot east to the beach, and convenient to Abacoa, Gardens mall shopping, etc.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:23 PM

PBC Estates, are all the homes well water or just some?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 PM

Any specific zip codes I should take into consideration?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymccamper View Post
PBC Estates, are all the homes well water or just some?

Some have it, some don't. Here is a link about hooking up to town of Jupiter city water if you want it. It's fairly affordable, at under 4k:

Palm Beach Country Estates (http://www.jupiter.fl.us/water/Palm-Beach-Country-Estates.cfm - broken link)

The zip code is 33418.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:06 PM

Any info on the area surrounding All Saints? It says it is 15 mins from Jupiter Farms....what about the surrounding area? I see Egret Landing which I have heard some buzz about....that area may not be my country in the city....but is it nice? Family friendly?

1759 Indian Creek Parkway
Jupiter, FL 33458-8204

Old 11-18-2010, 06:43 AM

24 posts, read 38,017 times
We have a bunch of friends who live in or near Loxahatchee. They have the same interests as you. I think you guys would fit in there. You can really get some great deals on houses with property in there. The nice thing is that you have all the amenities of Wellington just minutes away. I believe St. Rita's is the big catholic church in that area. I'm not sure if they have a school. I've seen a catholic church and school out west on Lake Worth road, I think it's called St. Stevens - that would be reasonably close but if you could be happy with a Christian school, Wellington Christian and Kings Academy are great options. I can tell you that I am a native Floridian (married to a Michigander), grew up in Broward county - we like Palm Beach county so much better! I personally find folks to be a bit more "genuine" here. Good Luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach