U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:27 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,706,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Compared to where?
http://www.floridaperforms.com/ChartImage.aspx (broken link)

Period Performance Data Set Size

07/01/2009 - 06/30/2010 99.86% 365
07/01/2008 - 06/30/2009 99.91% 365
07/01/2007 - 06/30/2008 99.17% 366
07/01/2006 - 06/30/2007 99.55% 365
07/01/2005 - 06/30/2006 99.17% 365
07/01/2004 - 06/30/2005 99.56% 365
07/01/2003 - 06/30/2004 99.73% 366

Showing: Percent of Time the population of Florida breathes healthy air per year using the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency~s Air Quality Index (AQI)

Florida Performs (http://www.floridaperforms.com/MeasData.aspx?mcode=ep001&graph=bar&dataset=off - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,264,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You could also live an hour and a half from your job in South Florida to somewhere like the Treasure Coast or northern PBC and find a similar slower paced lifestyle without the hectic city life or crowds.

"The South" is superficial friendly. Never been too impressed with that version of friendliness. Quite frankly, I prefer to know where I stand with people rather than the "bless your heart, shugah" superficial friendliness followed by never being truly accepted in the community if you dare go against the grain.

Dude, why do you keep insisting that this is true? I live in Asheville. People here are the friendliest around. It's not superficial. My neighbor offered to give my wife a ride to work when we got lots of snow. I've had neighbors invite us to go out to eat with them. I've had neighbors shovel snow for other neighbors unable to do it themselves. This is fake? How can you tell me all the way down there in South FL that this is fake? I think some people (not you specifically - dont take this personally) live in a place so long (places like NY or South FL - the 6th borough) where people arent friendly, and they seem to confuse genuine as fake. Some wouldn't know genuine from fake if it bit them in the ass.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:30 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,795,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
Oh, swimmom, I have been told by more than one person from New Jersey that if you can drive in New Jersey you can drive anywhere! The bad drivers in Florida from what I found were the old people who didn't recognize red or green lights and seem to get brain farts at times and just stop for no reason! I remember going to the post office once at the end of season and seeing all the snow birds in line shipping things back and thinking, "Thank God!!!"
haha and u know what? my dad is ONE of them..they will be up here next week for 4 months...just had to add that...lmao

Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Dude, why do you keep insisting that this is true? I live in Asheville. People here are the friendliest around. It's not superficial. My neighbor offered to give my wife a ride to work when we got lots of snow. I've had neighbors invite us to go out to eat with them. I've had neighbors shovel snow for other neighbors unable to do it themselves. This is fake? How can you tell me all the way down there in South FL that this is fake? I think some people (not you specifically - dont take this personally) live in a place so long (places like NY or South FL - the 6th borough) where people arent friendly, and they seem to confuse genuine as fake. Some wouldn't know genuine from fake if it bit them in the ass.
Well u know I have to disagree with you again..My dh is in Senior Managment and has dealt and still deals with all kinds of people and well your wrong not EVERYONE we grew up with back in NY or lived with in NJ was rude, obnoxious and mean...now the South most of them are very Fake as alot of them are from other parts of the country...I found the Northerners to be phony and fake more than I do here...If they dont like you here you will know about it...I have always spoke my mind because I HATE phony and fake people with a passion and really have low tolerance for it...My uncle has a beautiful home in the Mountains of NC ashville being the closest city so to speak to him, and he has met some very nice people and not so very nice people....Pls remember MOST people arent from where they live so to include that WE Nykers know rude because we lived with it for so long is just stereo typical and just wrong..NYkers some of them are the nicest people....but to agrue with someone who is in their utopia just isnt worth the time..

Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 PM

[quote=Swimmom32;17198646]Well u know I have to disagree with you again..My dh is in Senior Managment and has dealt and still deals with all kinds of people and well your wrong not EVERYONE we grew up with back in NY or lived with in NJ was rude, obnoxious and mean Never said that...

now the South most of them are very Fake as alot of them are from other parts of the country Huh? ...I found the Northerners to be phony and fake more than I do here...If they dont like you here you will know about it that sounds pleasant...

...I have always spoke my mind because I HATE phony and fake people with a passion and really have low tolerance for it...My uncle has a beautiful home in the Mountains of NC ashville being the closest city so to speak to him, and he has met some very nice people and not so very nice people....Pls remember MOST people arent from where they live so to include that WE Nykers know rude because we lived with it for so long is just stereo typical and just wrong I never said "all" nor do I think they necessarily choose to be rude, it's just a way of life in places like NYC...the problem is when they bring the attitude to FL. NYkers some of them are the nicest people....but to agrue with someone who is in their utopia just isnt worth the time..

Old 12-31-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Dude, why do you keep insisting that this is true? I live in Asheville. People here are the friendliest around.
Asheville is a hippie liberal village, I HOPE they're friendly! It's like saying, "Texas is uber liberal. I live in Austin, I should know."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense
I think some people (not you specifically - dont take this personally) live in a place so long (places like NY or South FL - the 6th borough) where people arent friendly, and they seem to confuse genuine as fake. Some wouldn't know genuine from fake if it bit them in the ass.
Actually, my distaste for the veneer friendliness and southern version of fake friendliness comes from living three years in northern Florida, in the panhandle. It also comes from dealing professionally with a lot of southerner transplants to Florida. Smile in your face, and stab you in the back. At least with the New York transplants its "F-You, I hate you," and you know where you stand!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Asheville is a hippie liberal village, I HOPE they're friendly! It's like saying, "Texas is uber liberal. I live in Austin, I should know."

Actually, my distaste for the veneer friendliness and southern version of fake friendliness comes from living three years in northern Florida, in the panhandle. It also comes from dealing professionally with a lot of southerner transplants to Florida. Smile in your face, and stab you in the back. At least with the New York transplants its "F-You, I hate you," and you know where you stand!
It's not just Asheville that's super friendly. For the most part, the entire state is. Charlotte has a lot of d-bag transplants, and I hear it's getting worse... but that's Charlotte.

Southerner transplants to FL? I dont know a lot of folks from NC, GA or TN moving to FL, lol. But I'll take your word for it.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
It's not just Asheville that's super friendly. For the most part, the entire state is. Charlotte has a lot of d-bag transplants, and I hear it's getting worse... but that's Charlotte.
Yes. Southern culture has always been known for its hospitality. "Y'all can come back but you can't stay, ya hear?"

Acceptance and tolerance? Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense
Southerner transplants to FL? I dont know a lot of folks from NC, GA or TN moving to FL, lol. But I'll take your word for it.

Well Com, that's because you don't know everyone in the world. Many people actually like semi-tropical weather, the ocean, etc. Even people who come from the south.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:

well I can give you 9 names off the top of my head that have and are moving here from those states mentioned..a new friend of ours lived in Alpharetta moved here 6 months ago....my other neighbor is from Savannah, the other one from Atlanta, one of dh's co-workers Nashville TN and Knoxville....and oh yes believe it or not Wake County NC my son's friends just moved here in November...so Tri is correct

Old 12-31-2010, 08:46 AM

^^^Ok, you know 9 people? I meet people from FL who love it here (NC) every single day. Half of my neighborhood in fact. Let's not get into a competition and compare. It's not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach