Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 06:25 PM

239 posts, read 473,979 times

Advertisements

Did you all look into other parts of florida before choosing palm beach area?

what made you finally decide on this area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 06:47 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Yes and no.

I grew up on the Treasure Coast (just north of PBC) (originally from NJ), but after grad school, I knew I wanted to be in Florida, but didn't know where. I knew where I didn't want to be --- Orlando, the western panhandle... I BRIEFLY considered Jax, seriously flirted with the idea St. Pete/Tampa, but decided on PBC because of proximity to family, existing friends in the area, and access to South Florida amenities without the hassles of living in, say, Miami.

Don't regret it. Sometimes I wish I was more adventurous and looked into big cities elsewhere in the country, but I do enjoy where I live.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,277 times
I lived in several states and metro areas, but in terms of Florida, I only knew South Florida mainly Palm Beach County since I lived here previously left then came back after a couple year hiatus. I have been to other parts of Florida prior and found I liked this part the best, always felt better coming back to Palm Beach County.. but things have changed here since then. It's not the place it use to be and with the influx of residents and the population boom, there is a distinct trade-off..

One thing that has not changed is the weather and beaches..sure it's going to get chilly again soon but it seems a lot of people that moved here don't care about going to the beach, I have some neighbors that never go to the beach or do anything outside of their home it seems, also work with a couple of Florida natives who never go to the beach. They are from other parts of the state, so that might be why. If only the population boom that moved here did not drive so much, the roadways are often just too clogged, but it's nothing like other places I lived like Atlanta where traffic would come to a complete standstill.

Lastly, jobs..if you can't get a job here and make a living and have a career, then I guess that answers a lot of your questions, that is if you have to work.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
After our last experience in NC we were very diligent on our homework however We always knew we wanted to live in PBC...We started doing our research 11 years ago when we were going to build in house in Wellington...long story short we never made it here and stayed in NJ..went to NC in 07 for a job for DH and well it was time for us to move on so we started our research again DH landed a great job and it was a no brainer for us we moved to W Boca 1st and then moved where we live now in Central boca and love it...We also knew we only wanted to live in Boca as I also did alot of research on Weston and Cooper City in Broward...We felt for schools and family being here although we dont see them often my parents are snowbirds, we knew Boca was the only place we wanted to live...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach