U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,651 times

Advertisements

My fiance & I are getting married on April 20th, 2011. I want something outside preferably at a scenic location (flowers, trees, etc.), with the beach in walking distance. Ideally I want to get married on the beach & then everyone can hang out at the park/beach for the reception. I plan on myself & my friends making the food ahead of time & bringing it (buffet style) & id like to be able to set up speakers & all that for dancing....any input would be awesome THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 AM

100 posts, read 191,353 times
How many people would attend? In all the areas I know, loud sound like music would be the deal breaker. You would not want the law to come on your wedding day.

There is one free park along the Ocean in Ocean RIdge, and one in the unincorporated area south of Ocean Ridge, but I am pretty sure the music and dancing would be a problem. You can rent the pavilion at the Boynton Beach public beach, but it is not free, and guests would have to pay too to enter the park. The good thing is that it is paved, has grills, bathrooms, etc.

Have you considered going way west? The shores of Lake Okeechobee (on top of the embankment) are nice, and hardly anyone goes there. On the way to Clewiston there are public areas with bathrooms and locations overlooking the water, and it is free and very private. As opposed to the east, you would see a spectacular sunset in the west. The only problem is that in late April it might be a bit warm! From West Palm Beach it would take you a bit more than one hour to drive there. The Clewiston Inn is further out along the south side of the lake, and maybe you would want to stay there? It is very quaint and romantic. Congratulations on your wedding, and good luck!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 AM

154 posts, read 314,359 times
This is the park,
Good luck!
[SIZE=4]Boynton Beach Oceanfront Park (Public Beach)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]Entrance: North Ocean Boulevard (A1A) about mile north of Ocean Avenue.
Note: There is a fee for parking at this location. Purchase beach decals at Boynton Beach City Hall.
Boynton Beach City Hall: 561-742-6000 for more information on how to obtain a park pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach