U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,620 times

Advertisements

Same usual scenario; relocating. Coming from Northern Virginia to Florida. I think we would have preferred central Florida but the job offer just came from Boynton Beach. Our issue is that my wife (it's her job) will probably go down before myself and our two kids so that they can finish the school year up here. I know there's crime everywhere but South Florida has me very concerned about her safety. We don't have any friends or family down there at all, that's part of what makes this so daunting. Please recommend a place (apartment complex with a month to month or those extended stay type places) that she can rent for 2 or 3 months that will be safe and hopefully affordable. I may try the room on Craigslist thing but I wanted to try this first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 01:35 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,388,975 times
Doing a room for rent off Craigslist would be risky for a female. Crime is not anything near as bad as you may read of. Check out the dates on statistics. The high crime data is often more than 8 years old. I recommend Stoneybrook Apartments in Boynton Beach. The commplex is on Boynton Beach Blvd near the turnpike. It is a gates apt. complex in a very nice area. A supermarket shopping center is directly across the street. My 24 year old niece moved there from Winchester, VA in June 2010. She loves it there and feels very safe. I do not know if they rent short term. If you'd like, I can ask my niece if she knows anyone who would rent out a room short term. Private message me if you want her to ask around.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:03 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,709,107 times
Crime in Central Florida (particularly, Orlando) is worse than South Florida, statistically speaking. As ssculow says above, crime in general has essentially halved in South Florida per capita over the past ten years. Complexes in Western Boynton may be to your wife's liking. From there you can explore the other cities in Palm Beach County to find a more permanent location to settle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach