Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 AM

71 posts, read 176,161 times

Advertisements

Rock City Pizzeria has awesome large pizza slices as well as whole pies. I had a slice of their fresh spinach pizza. I love their food! Mike is the new owner and made the restaurant really fun to eat in. You can sit indoors or outdoors. They also deliver (min$10 within radius). This is a hidden treasure of a restaurant. They make almost everything in-house, from their pizza dough and sauces to soups, eggplant, meatballs, down to the breadcrumbs and croutons. They even make and slice their own roast beef. They use quality meats and poultry, get bread and produce fresh EVERY DAY from local providers, and use top brands like Boar's Head. They serve breakfast all day and lunch with a varied menu to choose from. Pizza, subs, soups & salads, angus burgers, hot dogs, sausages, and even comfort food like PB&J, peanut butter & banana with honey, grilled cheese and tuna melts. Their large "pizza of the day" slice pie is always something new. Mike said they've made a Coney Island hot dog pizza, Ruben pizza, baked ziti & meatball pizza, scampi pizza, chocolate pizza, 5-pepper pizza, 6-cheese pizza, and more. Stop by and see what sort of crazy pizza concoction they've made!

Rock City Pizzeria
3731 FAU Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Phone: 561.750.1321

Located off Spanish River Blvd/NW 40th St. (between Military and Dixie.) Go North on NW 8th Ave./FAU Blvd. Look for the Rock City Pizzeria sign on the right side and turn into the complex. Continue straight to the end. Rock City Pizzeria is on the right side.

Note: Coming from the West, you’ll pass the Boca Raton Airport. Coming from the East, you’ve gone too far if you pass the Boca Raton Airport.

Last edited by runwiththewind4; 03-31-2011 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Monday - Friday 8:00a - 4:00p
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Correction: They don't serve breakfast all day - sorry, my bad!

Add: They do catering for businesses and private parties.

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00p

Correction to directions:

Located off Spanish River Blvd/NW 40th St. (between Military and Dixie.) Go South on NW 8th Ave./FAU Blvd. Look for the Rock City Pizzeria sign on the right side and turn into the complex. Continue straight to the end. Rock City Pizzeria is on the right side.

Note: Coming from the West, you’ll pass the Boca Raton Airport. Coming from the East, you’ve gone too far if you pass the Boca Raton Airport.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:16 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,291,716 times
We will ONLY eat at Brooklyn boys Pizza in West Boca...they were too under new ownership and man do we feel like we are eating NY Pizza...Excellent in the 2 years we hae been here...

Old 04-05-2011, 10:30 PM

Where are they located? I never heard of them.

I stopped in to a deli last week and they had candy I remember eating as a kid in NY - i.e. vanilla turkish taffey + more. I had to buy the taffey and prayed my fillings remained in my mouth.

I think you'd like the pizza at Rock City although it's a drive for you. If you're ever on Spanish River or on the east side, stop in. Mike is really sweet and it's a fun atmosphere. Seating outside is available. The negative, he's only open until 4:00 M-F. He does catering. I don't know if they deliver to West Boca. You can call & ask.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:54 AM

Oh and in Delray there is a Brooklyn Bagel Place my parents were there yesterday and said wow brooklyn bagels..They Make Brooklyn Water as u can see how they make it..Anyway excellent bagels

Brooklyn Boys is on 441 and Glades...In the Best Buy Shopping Center..If you happen to go ask them to make your slice Well Done!! its Excellent

Im not in West Boca im in the middle..lol I know where Spanish River is my daughter cheers not too far from there..I will certainly Try the Pizza

Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 AM

hi swimmom32,

When I'm out West I'll definitely stop in. What is the name of the bagel place? Sometimes I go to the Boys Market. Have you been to the Girls Strawberry U Pick close to Boys? It's their wives that started it. It's just the cutest country style store and when you walk out to their backyard, it's an eye opener - you don't expect to see what you see. Bring a camera.

Welcome to The Girls Strawberry U-pick

You might want to go later in the afternoon to Rock City Pizzeria - it's packed for lunch from all the businesses in the area.

Last edited by runwiththewind4; 04-06-2011 at 11:08 AM..

Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Love the boys market we shop there every week actually..the Bagel place is down the block from The Boys..its the bagel place is called Its the Original Water Bagel in Delray...

Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Will check that out too. Maybe we should carpool. Start out @ Rock City, Boys, Original Water Bagels, then Whole Foods.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM

Sounds Like a Plan LOL

Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM

What we can do is invite all the City-Data folks to meet at Rock City Pizzeria on a certain day/time. We'll be putting a face to the username and meet new people in our community. I would suggest meeting around 3:00 after the lunch crowd. Grab a piece of Brooklyn style pizza and sit outside.
They charge $3.00/large slice of cheese pizza + .25/per topping. I volunteered to help the Downtown Boca Film Festival that starts April 9-17. They didn't give me my assignment yet. Other than that, I'm free. The Founder is Dr. Michael Posner, DVM (www.mobilevet2u.com). He's been doing the FF in Delray Beach for the last 5 or 6 years. This year he's holding the FF in Mizner Park. He has one theatre in Delray Beach he'll also screen movies. Check out www.dbff.us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach