U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 AM

6 posts, read 10,970 times
Default Good neighborhoods in PBG, Jupiter and Hobe Sound?

Hello! I hope someone can help. We are moving from Phoenix to the Palm Beach Area at the end of May. My husband is working in Palm Beach Gardens and we like that area but are also looking in Jupiter and Hobe Sound. We've come across Evergrene (HOA fees are atrocious!), and The Oaks and though we like them, we feel we might be missing out on other family friendly, but less glitzy/new neighborhoods. Any suggestions?

We are looking to start off renting, but if we find a really well-priced home we would consider purchasing.

Many Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM

14,670 posts, read 15,924,940 times
What HOA fee level are you comfortable with?

In Jupiter there are tons of good neighborhoods: Abacoa (multiple different neighborhoods), Egret's Landing, Maplewood, Botanica, etc.

Palm Beach Gardens there's Paloma, Siena Oaks, Hunt Club...

Old 04-11-2011, 11:42 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,112,150 times
Do you have children? What price range are you considering, size home are you looking for, etc?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM

We have two daughters aged 8 and 5. We are looking to spend between $1500 - $1900 for rent and our max price to purchase is $250,000. I know it's not a lot, so that's why I'm asking about nice but older neighborhoods.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,112,150 times
The Heights might be a good option for you. Relatively newer homes with no HOA.
If you are okay with a townhome there are some nice options in the Abacoa area that would offer you a newer place in a very family friendly area and still very close to the Gardens. (across the street)
Rentals in that price range go very quickly, especially if you have pets. If you haven't found a place I would start looking very soon. I work in the area if you need help feel free to DM me.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Thank you Skylinet. We have started and I am going out this weekend so the hubby and I can look some more. Right now we are leaning heavily towards The Oaks in Hobe Sound. Anyone know the good and bad? We are looking for a single-family house, not a condo or townhouse at this time.
Also, I've seen some pretty nice places in Loxahatchee. Is it too far out and is it good for kids? It's just hard knowing being this far away so any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM

223 posts, read 344,133 times
I lived in Hobe Sound (the reserve) and it's nice there.

The Oaks are very nice builds - very new models. One unit had chinese drywall but it was a rare occurencefrom what I was told. The one thing I hated about the oaks was the secondary bedrooms - very tiny in space. I also did not like the build of the livingroom/family rooms ajacent to each other - just seemed like wasted space which could have been contributed to the bedrooms. Also the backyard at the unit I looked at was essetially non existant.

The other thing about Hobe Sound is I felt somewhat isolated living there... To experience any nightlife it was pretty much PBG. But if you have a family already then this might not be an issue. I have a coworker who lives there as a family and loves it there.

Positives would def be low crime - nice people. Very close to the beach off of Bridge Road.

When/if you look at the Oaks - make sure you view alot of units - some units have alot of upgrades not advertised which you may disregard in pricing. For example - the unit I looked at had cieling speakers throughout the house, an incredible shower unit, dual oven..things of that nature not advertised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach