Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 AM

30 posts, read 261,785 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know which area is better to live in for families, good schools and not too far from conveniences. I've researched Wellington, it sounds good. But then I heard Jupiter and Boca were also nice areas. I work in a hospital. I found they are plentiful in the WPB area. Any ideas for the best area with lower crime and family living, good schools? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 AM

156 posts, read 946,752 times
Jupiter is nice (north) I think they have the best schools (have to double check that). Boca is nice (south) probably the most congested and highest price and is known for snobby attitudes. Wellington is nice and central (west) in the county.
I would live nearest to your job, all three have nice areas, high end areas and old-not-so-great neighborhoods.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:25 AM

96 posts, read 344,513 times
I love Jupiter for its dog friendly attitude. Their gorgeous beach allows dogs to run free and the townsfolk are nice and laid back. It's changing but I hope it continues to retain its character. Boca is definitely snobby but nicely manicured. I have not been to Wellington but it seems like a WPB suburb town.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T27taylor View Post
I wanted to know which area is better to live in for families, good schools and not too far from conveniences. I've researched Wellington, it sounds good. But then I heard Jupiter and Boca were also nice areas. I work in a hospital. I found they are plentiful in the WPB area. Any ideas for the best area with lower crime and family living, good schools? Thanks.
There is one hospital and many related medical office buildings in Wellington, Wellington Regional at 441 & Forest Hill Blvd. Also off of Southern Blvd. there is Palms West Hospital.

Wellington is more family oriented, nice park system probably the best in the county with lot's of sports and activities, great schools, they even built two new ones that open this month and everything you need, stores and etc are adjacent. They are even building more stores off of 441 north of Forest Hill, Best Buy and etc.

Boca and Jupiter are nice as well, I would visit and make your own assumption.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 AM

458 posts, read 598,472 times
All three are nice. Wellington too far from the beach for my tastes. All are equally family friendly. Boca has tons of parks and sports for kids. Jupiter is great through, easy beach access, free parking, allows dogs.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 AM

423 posts, read 1,642,548 times
Jupiter is a nice choice but it is too far north, if you ever need to come down to Southern Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale. Wellington is just a suburb too far from beach, not really my taste. If it were me, I would say go with Boca. It is central, has lots of activities, nice restaurants, night life, arts/galleries, beach etc. I myself live in Delray which has a nice downtown/beach, and it is slightly cheaper... however Boca is just a stone throw away so I am still always in Boca/Delray. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions..

Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Depending on what beach you go to, Wellington is only 15 or so miles away. If your a beach bum that is quite a drive. If you choose nicer West Boca for example it would be a drive to the Beach. Wellington is also Equestrian friendly and a big Equestrian community if that's your thing. That is Stables as nice and as big as some houses.

Boca isn't central PBC, it's South County central to Broward yes, Jupiter is much closer to PBG and if you live in Central PBC your not too far from North County or South County with easy access to the FL Turnpike to go north or south.

If you have money to send your kids to Private School then St. Andrews in Boca is where it's at, look at anywhere from $16K to $20K a year depending on grade level. Living in Boca would make this ideal.

The King's Academy is close to Wellington, a little less expensive around $10K+ a year, they just built a new campus.

There is another in Jupiter, but it's name passes me now?

Last edited by THX 1138; 08-01-2007 at 09:43 AM..

Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk722 View Post
Jupiter is nice (north) I think they have the best schools (have to double check that). Boca is nice (south) probably the most congested and highest price and is known for snobby attitudes. Wellington is nice and central (west) in the county.
I would live nearest to your job, all three have nice areas, high end areas and old-not-so-great neighborhoods.
I have been in Wellington since the beginning. It's NOT an old area. Wellington does not have any "old-not-so-great neighborhoods". Unless you mean the area where they keep all of those smelly old polo ponies.

More amenities and much better restaurants, Boca by far.

Great schools and water everywhere, Jupiter.

VERY family oriented, equestrian, small town feel (parades, etc)..... Wellington.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM

156 posts, read 946,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
I have been in Wellington since the beginning. It's NOT an old area. Wellington does not have any "old-not-so-great neighborhoods". Unless you mean the area where they keep all of those smelly old polo ponies.

More amenities and much better restaurants, Boca by far.

Great schools and water everywhere, Jupiter.

VERY family oriented, equestrian, small town feel (parades, etc)..... Wellington.
Didnt mean "old" just older. I lived there for a year and drove by these areas every day. Not bad areas, just not-so-great. But there are lots of great neighborhoods there.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:18 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk722 View Post
Didnt mean "old" just older. I lived there for a year and drove by these areas every day. Not bad areas, just not-so-great. But there are lots of great neighborhoods there.
I know those old developments. We try not to talk about those places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach