U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM

63 posts, read 102,435 times
Default Unincorporated Boca Raton?

Just moved to Central Boca (a lovely neighborhood) and found out by applying for a Boca Raton library card that we are "Unincorporated Palm Beach County" and not party of the City.

I just wonder (wish there was a website) if what we are entitled to and what we have to pay for. I think we are allowed discounts more than other people who live outside Boca? Mizner dog park? Sugar Sand Park for my child's camp? Are we considered residents of Boca Raton?

Help - Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 AM

2,602 posts, read 4,287,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twho62 View Post
Are we considered residents of Boca Raton?
No. While you may have a Boca Raton mailing address, you are outside of the city limits. You cannot vote in municipal elections and some/all of your services may be provided by a different agency (police, fire, trash, et cetera).

Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 AM

63 posts, read 102,435 times
Thank you. So, anytime I look at a website or brochure for a child's camp (ect) I will be considered "non resident". Well, I still love the neighborhood we are in, the great schools...and also love being close to Delray Beach.

How much will we be charged for Boca Raton Beaches? Is there a discount for us outside the city limits?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:14 PM

7,162 posts, read 11,763,652 times
Humm I dont know about this..My kids have library cards and when we lived in West Boca we were Unincorporated Boca Raton We are in Central Boca as well but we are Incorporated Boca..may I ask where in Central boca you moved too?...Curious what did the library say? technically you are still considered Boca...all zip codes 33433, 33434, 33428, 33498, 33486, 33496, 33432, 33431.....33428 and 33498 are in Unicorporated Boca as in they are not in "City Limits" our friends are unincorporated and they vote with no issues...

Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM

[quote=twho62;19896375]Thank you. So, anytime I look at a website or brochure for a child's camp (ect) I will be considered "non resident". Well, I still love the neighborhood we are in, the great schools...and also love being close to Delray Beach.

How much will we be charged for Boca Raton Beaches? Is there a discount for us outside the city limits?[/QUO

Your still considered a Resident of Boca Raton..You can vote, get a library card, and for the beach you are a resident...we have gone to the boca beach many of times when we lived in West Boca which is Unicorporated and not in city limits!!

because what other town would you have to say u lived in?? kwim?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM

9,342 posts, read 15,897,106 times
[quote=Swimmom32;19902053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twho62 View Post
Thank you. So, anytime I look at a website or brochure for a child's camp (ect) I will be considered "non resident". Well, I still love the neighborhood we are in, the great schools...and also love being close to Delray Beach.

How much will we be charged for Boca Raton Beaches? Is there a discount for us outside the city limits?[/QUO

Your still considered a Resident of Boca Raton..You can vote, get a library card, and for the beach you are a resident...we have gone to the boca beach many of times when we lived in West Boca which is Unicorporated and not in city limits!!

because what other town would you have to say u lived in?? kwim?
If you don't live within the city limits, you live in unincorporated Palm Beach County. You can't vote in Boca city elections and the fees for city recreational services are a bit more than residents pay. The city website has the answers. And check out the Recreator (on the city site) for all kinds of classes.

City of Boca Raton - Recreation Services

Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
If you live outside of the city limits, you absolutely cannot vote in city elections. Nonresidents are usually able to buy membership at a nearby city's library, park system, et cetera. You can tell people that you live in Boca Raton as that would be a lot easier/less ambiguous than saying, "I live in unincorporated Palm Beach County," but you don't actually live within the city.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 PM

Humm this is good to know..lol I would have figured as we were told when we lived in West Boca that there wasn't any difference other than we had Palm Beach County Sherrif's instead of Boca Raton Police...thank you for the Info its certainly helpful...hummm so even though you have a Boca Raton Address and Zip Code and your child attends boca schools technically they dont live in Boca?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 PM

[quote=Magnolia Bloom;19906402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post

If you don't live within the city limits, you live in unincorporated Palm Beach County. You can't vote in Boca city elections and the fees for city recreational services are a bit more than residents pay. The city website has the answers. And check out the Recreator (on the city site) for all kinds of classes.

City of Boca Raton - Recreation Services
Is there a map or info that I can look at to see what areas are considered Un incorporated Boca Raton? Now I need to check if im city limits although I think I am...

Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM

[quote=Swimmom32;19908470]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post

Is there a map or info that I can look at to see what areas are considered Un incorporated Boca Raton? Now I need to check if im city limits although I think I am...
Here you go: city limits map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach