Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 08:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,341 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering to relocate from NY to South Florida. We are thinking either Wellington (Me) or Coral Springs (him).
I am not familiar with Coral Springs at all. I do like Wellington and heard the public schools are better than most.
Can anyone kindly provide some insight into either towns?
Appreciate your help!
Thanks to read my post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 AM

4 posts, read 13,899 times
Ok, I lived in Coral Springs for abour 13 years, where I went to middle school and my high school. Let me tell you that coral spring is getting worse and wrose every year. Ever since Hurricane Andrew hit south florida about 10 yrs ago I think, a lot of peopl from miami moved up north to coral springs. The public school system is poor. The teachers are great , dont get me wrong. But my high school was one of top notch public schools, and I would never go to the restroom because there would be students using cocaine in the bathrooms.......My family then moved to wellington are when I started college and it is a huge different place. It is so much quieter, safer, and great school system. Overall, I would definitely pick palm beach area for families. Hope this helped.

by the way,Right now , its the best time to get a home with so many available foreclosure homes in palm beach area. Only if you the money though. If you could pay the mortgage, great, get a house. Here is the site yuou could look for houses in palm beach area:

***MOD CUT***

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 04-20-2011 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: no ads allowed per the TOS

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,341 times
Smile Thank YOU!

Great advice, appreciate your feedback.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 PM

166 posts, read 384,361 times
When we moved here in 1987 we were told either Wellington or Coral Springs/Parkland for the schools. We chose Parkland and feel that our boys got a private school education for a public school price! Parkland schools were just rated #1 by Forbes magazine and you can read the article on my website at www.ParklandExpert.com Parkland has equestrian and large home sites like Wellington but much closer to all the action in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 PM

100 posts, read 328,852 times
Wellington is nice, but has absolutely no character. Boring suburbia at it's worst.
U literally drive along 441 and see gated community after shopping plaza after gated community. It lacks a soul, its crap in my opinion.

Parkland is nice. It's closer to Boca Raton and Fort Luaderdale, yet feels safe and suburban and the houses there don't tend to be as assembly-line looking. More upscale than Coral Springs is.

Coral Springs really is nice too, dont listen too much to the first responce u got. I would check it out in person if i were you. I lived there for about 2 years and found it to be convenient, safe, and pretty, nt to mention it sounds so tropical like "yes, i live in coral springs" vs "wellington"

Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofsunshine123 View Post
Wellington is nice, but has absolutely no character. Boring suburbia at it's worst.
U literally drive along 441 and see gated community after shopping plaza after gated community. It lacks a soul, its crap in my opinion.

Parkland is nice. It's closer to Boca Raton and Fort Luaderdale, yet feels safe and suburban and the houses there don't tend to be as assembly-line looking. More upscale than Coral Springs is.

Coral Springs really is nice too, dont listen too much to the first responce u got. I would check it out in person if i were you. I lived there for about 2 years and found it to be convenient, safe, and pretty, nt to mention it sounds so tropical like "yes, i live in coral springs" vs "wellington"
Boca, Parkland and Coral Springs in reality are not that different than Wellington. Might as well toss in Weston while your at it.

If you want a real downtown you have to look elsewhere. Boca has somewhat of a downtown but nothing like Delray or other places. Wellington is the suburbs, what do you expect? The sprawl area off of 441 is new and did not even exist 10+ years ago. If you have to go further west to see Wellington in more detail.

Been to Coral Springs, can't say I was too impressed, Parkland is not much different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach