Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
I googled Atlantic Ave and noticed it is a long street (W Atlantic Ave) running East/West.

Is W Atlantic Ave you were talking about ? Which major intersection has that half way house ? Could you clarify the location ?

Could you also clarify the "there are 2 streets and addresses with the same name nearby" ?

Thank you !

I don't recall if this was West Atlantic or not, but when I walked around no one bothered me. It was just a bunch of young kids that looked like around 20 something years old. The other residences around there looked nice except for this one. Otherwise, this street extended to the other side which was a gated community. I'm sure every city has streets with the same name that extends to the other side, and we do also here in KY. It was Fredrick which was off of Linton & Federal, I believe. Anyways, are you looking to purchase a condo or home in the area~? Is that why your asking~? Also, I was just amazed that there were half-way houses in such a lovely upscale city as Delray~!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 AM

584 posts, read 1,688,556 times
I will probably avoid area that has half-way house.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:10 PM

5 posts, read 112,737 times
Quote:
I googled Atlantic Ave and noticed it is a long street (W Atlantic Ave) running East/West.

Is W Atlantic Ave you were talking about ? Which major intersection has that half way house ? Could you clarify the location ?

Could you also clarify the "there are 2 streets and addresses with the same name nearby" ?

Thank you !
SO Many halfway houses, Sober Living Homes and Rehab Centers exist in Delray that for the original poster to state one particular major intersection would be impossible. We have more halfway houses and rehab centers per capita than 99% of the rest of the country. I would go as far as to say that ANYWHERE you live in Delray you are NEVER more than 3-5 miles from a "program" site that is either used for a Halfway house. Rehab Center, Sober Living home, Group Home or something similar. It doesn't make Delray a bad place unless you are uniformed. The knowledge that they are here should just make people more aware and alert not more scared or unwilling to come here. As a matter of fact, having the knowledge should make people safer. Delray is a fantastic place with GREAT restaurants, neighborhoods, schools and things to do. It is only when people are uneducated about that environment that it becomes an unsafe place. Also, to address your question about Atlantic Avenue - It is the longest Street in Delray running almost 11 1/2 miles and is the ONLY street in Delray that runs all the way from the Beach to the Western most destination of the City at 441 / State Road 7. Hope this answers your questions.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
its only bad if the people of community think its bad. and then when that happens is when it can get better and not b4.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelrayNative View Post
SO Many halfway houses, Sober Living Homes and Rehab Centers exist in Delray that for the original poster to state one particular major intersection would be impossible. We have more halfway houses and rehab centers per capita than 99% of the rest of the country. I would go as far as to say that ANYWHERE you live in Delray you are NEVER more than 3-5 miles from a "program" site that is either used for a Halfway house. Rehab Center, Sober Living home, Group Home or something similar. It doesn't make Delray a bad place unless you are uniformed. The knowledge that they are here should just make people more aware and alert not more scared or unwilling to come here. As a matter of fact, having the knowledge should make people safer. Delray is a fantastic place with GREAT restaurants, neighborhoods, schools and things to do. It is only when people are uneducated about that environment that it becomes an unsafe place. Also, to address your question about Atlantic Avenue - It is the longest Street in Delray running almost 11 1/2 miles and is the ONLY street in Delray that runs all the way from the Beach to the Western most destination of the City at 441 / State Road 7. Hope this answers your questions.
Wow, that many half-way houses, rehab centres or programme sites ! Are we talking about say 50 of those in Delray Beach ?

The city I live has only a couple of half way houses, mostly downtown.

Do you know why there are so many of those houses in Delray Beach ?

Is it similar (half way houses) in WPB ?

Thanks !

SB100

Old 11-24-2011, 09:44 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
Quote:
I will probably avoid area that has half-way house.
Are you planning to move there, or just looking for a summer home~? It really is best to find yourself a Real Estate Agent who can inform you of the areas that your looking for and areas to avoid. People who sell their homes or condos without an agent, I would be leery of. There could be something wrong with the property and they your stuck with it and/or other reasons. I am not a Real Estate person but am knowledgeable somewhat in the field.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Winter home/condo instead.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,374 times
We were staying in a time share on a1a just north of Atlantic Ave. My son is seventeen he went for a walk about 9:30 pm up a1a for about a half mile and noticed someone was following him. The guy followed him up three flights of stairs right to the unit . We reported it to the police

Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationeeer View Post
We were staying in a time share on a1a just north of Atlantic Ave. My son is seventeen he went for a walk about 9:30 pm up a1a for about a half mile and noticed someone was following him. The guy followed him up three flights of stairs right to the unit . We reported it to the police
It's never a good idea to walk along the beach when it's dark out and you're isolated.
Anywhere.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:21 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I don't recall if this was West Atlantic or not, but when I walked around no one bothered me. It was just a bunch of young kids that looked like around 20 something years old. The other residences around there looked nice except for this one. Otherwise, this street extended to the other side which was a gated community. I'm sure every city has streets with the same name that extends to the other side, and we do also here in KY. It was Fredrick which was off of Linton & Federal, I believe. Anyways, are you looking to purchase a condo or home in the area~? Is that why your asking~? Also, I was just amazed that there were half-way houses in such a lovely upscale city as Delray~!
Yes, you could be talking about Frederick (Fredrick?) Bl. The one side is townhouses,I think, then the other side (south of Ave L) goes behind a convenience store if I remember correctly. Beyond that (south) is the gated community Pelican Harbor.

I haven't been over there in a while, but I can remember an old house behind the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach