U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 AM

7 posts, read 9,512 times

Advertisements

I am here now. Yesterday I looked at Jupiter Farms and Heights of Jupiter. There are houses in my price range in both areas. Jupiter Farms was beautiful with lots of land but I'm worried that it might be hard for my kids to make friends with the houses so far apart. Heights of Jupiter is also lovely but the houses have almost no yard. Any suggestions of something in between. Looking in Jupiter area $250,000. However we may chose to rent for a few months first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 03:03 PM

1,681 posts, read 3,670,854 times
There are other neighborhoods that would work as well or are you opposed to HOA's?
The heights is right off of Abacoa which will have a lot of activities for your kids.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 AM

10,080 posts, read 12,096,768 times
The homes in Jupiter Farms EAST of Jupiter Farms road have a much better school district than the stuff WEST of it. 80% of the homes in Jupiter Farms are west of Jupiter Farms road FYI.

Heights is nice for kids but you really want to be north of Barbara Street/Frederick Small Road. The streets closer to Donald Ross are "rougher." There have been two home invasion shootings in the last year on the south side of the heights. Both were drug related and there are many streets of duplexes on the south side that attract a less than family atmosphere. On the northern side it seems a cop lives on every single street (cruiser in the driveway every night) and it seems to be a deterrent.

Look into "the Shores" north of Indiantown road on Central Blvd (about a mile north of the Winn-Dixie shopping center). Big neighborhood, lots of kids and bigger homes on average than Heights/Farms. Bigger lots than Heights but certainly not the 1.25 acre stuff the Farms offers.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM

25 posts, read 70,224 times
Thanks, I will check out the Shores and Abacoa. They are good suggestions. Would you mind telling me the names of the schools you are referring to? Is it just the elementry schools that are a problem or the middle and highschools too? Thanks!!

Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,368 times
Abacoa is awesome, but very high association fees. Indian Creek has a few single family homes currently available in the mid to low $200,000 price range. Egret Cove, Stonebriar, The Hamptons are all great neighborhoods with homes under $300,000 and low association fees.

For more information visit: Advertising and/or posting URLs without a history here is not permitted (see the TOS rules you agreed to when signing up, please.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-21-2011 at 10:23 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 08:56 PM

141 posts, read 404,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
The homes in Jupiter Farms EAST of Jupiter Farms road have a much better school district than the stuff WEST of it. 80% of the homes in Jupiter Farms are west of Jupiter Farms road FYI.

Heights is nice for kids but you really want to be north of Barbara Street/Frederick Small Road. The streets closer to Donald Ross are "rougher." There have been two home invasion shootings in the last year on the south side of the heights. Both were drug related and there are many streets of duplexes on the south side that attract a less than family atmosphere. On the northern side it seems a cop lives on every single street (cruiser in the driveway every night) and it seems to be a deterrent.

Look into "the Shores" north of Indiantown road on Central Blvd (about a mile north of the Winn-Dixie shopping center). Big neighborhood, lots of kids and bigger homes on average than Heights/Farms. Bigger lots than Heights but certainly not the 1.25 acre stuff the Farms offers.
South of Donald Ross is rough? I just moved from the legends community which is just south of donald ross road to egret landing and I never could honestly say that anything there looked rough. Since moving to egret landing there have been 3 home robberies in egret landing itself and 2 times in 1 week there were cops and ambulances in the front of the community from cop chases.

I am not sure if you mean more south of donald ross road meaning riveria/west palm but most of all of palm beach gardens, especially donald ross road is not intimidating in the least. As far as drug related home invasions go, they happen everywhere, even in the best of neighborhoods. No matter how "safe" your community/neighborhood is, there is always a bad one not too far away.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 PM

41 posts, read 118,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
South of Donald Ross is rough? I just moved from the legends community which is just south of donald ross road to egret landing and I never could honestly say that anything there looked rough. Since moving to egret landing there have been 3 home robberies in egret landing itself and 2 times in 1 week there were cops and ambulances in the front of the community from cop chases.

I am not sure if you mean more south of donald ross road meaning riveria/west palm but most of all of palm beach gardens, especially donald ross road is not intimidating in the least. As far as drug related home invasions go, they happen everywhere, even in the best of neighborhoods. No matter how "safe" your community/neighborhood is, there is always a bad one not too far away.
Please elaborate on the happenings in Egret Landing? I'm a resident in Egret as well, but I haven't heard of this stuff...?

Everywhere you go you will always find something will happen, but I still think Egret Landing is one of the better communities, especially for the price. Speaking of, did you manage to buy in Egret for the $250k you initially mentioned??

Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM

141 posts, read 404,661 times
When we purchased in July we get frequent email updates from Lisa the property manager. During the next 3 months she sent out 3 separate emails where there were burglaries of homes during the day (while the residents were out shopping). She mentioned some ladies selling magazines but advised they were only scouting out potential homes to burglarize.

Regarding the 2 incidents where there were cops at the entrance, there were 2 separate instances of cop chases that just so happened to end at the egret landing entrance. These people were not residents of egret landing. I read about the story in the news paper. One person was killed in a car accident. If you go to google and then click on their news tab at top and search for egret landing, you will see the news stories appear at the top.

the news titles are:

Woman charged after Jupiter chase with stealing Lexus, child abuse

Man Killed In Rollover Crash In Jupiter

I dont think I ever mentioned buying in egret for around $250k. If you're mentioning my previous posts, it was probably my budget for our winter home which we will be renting out soon and is located in Legends.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM

17,298 posts, read 25,598,251 times
Quote:

I think he meant the southern streets of the "Heights" neighborhood, which are closest to Donald Ross. Those streets have a number of duplexes, etc. that would have more lower income renters.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 AM

10,080 posts, read 12,096,768 times
Quote:

I meant the south end of "the heights" development which ends at Donald Ross.

Egret has 650 homes, 3 robberies could have been 3 bicycles taken from 3 open garages in 15 minutes. Being bordered by "the heights" to the south and I-95 to the west and a golf course to the north doesn't help when kids are trying to make a quick get away over fences (etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach