Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM

30 posts, read 48,156 times

Advertisements

Hello, We are looking to move to Jupiter FL and we are looking at The Bluffs in Jupiter. Can anyone who lives there or knows the area give us some insight to the different neighborhoods. We are looking for a small house or condo. It seems to be a nice place and so close to the beach. Thanks Brenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
There is a regular on the forums that lives in Bluffs.

The bluff homes or the Ridge are nice, most need a little remodeling, but they are around 1900 sqft with a 2 car garage and can be picked up around 300k. Probably the best value if you want a little square footage in the Bluffs area.

Sea Colony is a nice townhome community with direct access to the beach. Dues are a little higher at around 5-550 a month but there a lot of nice amenities and full time security.

Most of the condos (oceans, marina etc) are around 1350 sqft some have been completely remodeled and show nicely others are still in the 80's but usually can be picked up pretty reasonably.
Seaview is a little newer but there are rarely any units available.

All depends on your lifestyle, price range, etc
If you are looking for a sleepy beach town feel than you'll love the Bluff's area. It's also very close to great shopping and tons of restaurants.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
That was a DiVosta project, same builder that built Abacoa 30 years later. Decent planning (roads, parks, sidewalks) but the houses are all cookie cutter, very very generic. At least in the newer Abaoca they attempted to make the neighborhoods "feel" different by going with architecture changes (some mediteranean (sp), some key west etc).

Bluffs is all tan walls, brown shingle roofs.......almost prison like conformity. They are all getting old, some need 40K in updates (kitchen, baths, tile, etc) but they are solidly built.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 AM

232 posts, read 773,542 times
I live in the Ridge and so far I have really enjoyed it. The walk to the beach is aprox 7 to 10 minutes but obviously varies from what part you live in. Publix is a 5 minute walk.

The house I purchased had a new roof, air conditioning and water heater which is probably par for most of those houses. Several of them have had the kitchen, tile and bath's remodeled as well as adding a 4th bedroom/den in the loft. If you are looking - I would recommend viewing several houses including ones out of your price range to get an idea of the range of houses and to benchmark the lower priced ones.

As far as house colors alot of people have painted from the original paint. There are about 8 color maps you can choose from. I'm probably going to do this at the end of the year. So far my upgrades have been more boring including replacing all of the windows/sliders with impact windows and frames. Kitchen and bath's definitely need to be upgraded but that will be down the road for me and I have been more concerned with functional upgrades rather then cosmetic. HOA fee is suprising low and they have been suprisingly great to work with.

The overall feel of the area is more laid back/lighter. Hard to explain. For a single fam home that close to a quality beach - I think/hope its a great deal there.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,776 times
Default Bluffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendagrrl View Post
Hello, We are looking to move to Jupiter FL and we are looking at The Bluffs in Jupiter. Can anyone who lives there or knows the area give us some insight to the different neighborhoods. We are looking for a small house or condo. It seems to be a nice place and so close to the beach. Thanks Brenda
Hi Brendagirl. On the west side of Route 1, the Bluffs ridge and river consist of single family, one story homes with lofts; a large community of 2 story townhomes, and several building of condominiums--some have intracoastal views. On the east side of Route 1, the Bluffs Ocean is all condominiums, again some have ocean views. You are correct, it's a great location situated right across from the beach, within walking distance to to the best beaches in FL (I am biased!), one of the very few dog friendly beaches, shopping, restaurants, parks...the Juno pier, turtle sanctuary, etc. The residents are friendly, helpful and happy to be someplace warm, whether year round or seasonal! As a realtor in the Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens, the Bluffs communities are favorites. My clients who have moved there are very happy. Let me know if I can help further!
Juliet Byrne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach