Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 15,277 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to pick everyones' minds a bit for suggestions. I am a long-time lurker on the forums, and thoroughly enjoy reading them for the most part. I just generally refrain from participating too actively, as to avoid confrontation, and, because, honestly, I don't always feel that i am able to actually contribute to the threads at hand. But anyway, my partner and I am currently living in port St Lucie. Our business has grown in leaps and bounds, and we have been looking to move a bit closer to where our client base is located.

What we are looking for is this: a space that we can live AND work in, ie, a warehouse, or loft- TYPE of space that can be subdivided off for our purposes. We run an electronics / audio business, and deal predominantly with musicians and audiophiles, keep very strange hours, and quite honestly are just not at the point where we can afford BOTH a warehouse / shop, and a house at the same time.

So, first off, 1; is what we are looking for even legal, and/or does it exist? 2; Which towns (let's say between Juno Beach in the north and Delray Beach in the south) have industrial areas with lots of warehouse space (preferably older-looking), but aren't ACTUALLY too busy....(keeps us safer, especially if this sort of thing is not looked too positively....away from prying eyes, and all that...), and 3; anyone know a decent, fair commercial broker that they would recommend? I would greatly appreciate any advice / info that anyone can offer.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,051 times
Hello,
I was looking for the same thing when i arrived here last october 2011. I found good space in industrial LakeWorth. Go on craigslist west pal beach and look under commercial. Fairly good deals actually.
I work on european cars and am very clean doing so and keep my shop as tidy as a hospital operating room, was having a hard time finding space but lucked out and found a shop in downtown delray beach for a song. After i had the shop set up jan 2012 i found an apt right downtown for $600.00. Granted its not the nicest building a little run down but its in the heart of downtown delray beach so i walk or bike at lunch time to eat.

In Hypoluxo off Federal Hwy there is a neat warehouse for rent for $500.00 per month its about 580sq ft with a bathroom has a mix of mechanics, musicians there is a grundge type rock band that has the space right behind the warehouse i am discussing.

Not sure what your budget is but you could get an apt in trendy downtown lakeworth for about $600.00 it would be small. But walk to downtown is great.

Knowing what business you have i would try for a location easy access from downtown Delray Beach or Downtown Lakeworth.

I passed on the warehouse in Hypoluxo in favor or a slightly higher price in Downtown Delray. As i work on european cars it was better for my business to be in downtown.

Im not a huge participator on the forum but i wanted to share considering i was looking for the samething 6 months ago.

You can contact me private message and i will give you my phone number. I have customers West Palm Beach to South Broward county so i get to travel around everyday dropping and picking up my customers so i can tell you. None of the best places are listed online anywhere. I gave up looking on line and jumped in my car and within two hours had three nice locations within my budget less than $800.00 month...let to tell you finding auto spaceat that price is almost impossible.
Good luck

Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 14,146 times
Hey there,
My husband and I just began our own search for the same type of space this past week. (At least 1800 sq/ft, garage/bay door, warehouse space with a living space as well, preferably the living space on a second floor/loft space). In all of our google searching this forum came up. Ideally were looking for something in Miami-Dade (as far south as Coconut Grove/Bird Rd) or Broward County (I know, technically wrong forum to post in) - we'd be willing to head as far north as Delray (actually one of our favorite spots in South Florida).

Anyways, we were wondering if you had any luck finding this legally? Most warehouses we've checked out so far it's not technically legal to live there. Please let us know, we really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,568 times
Smile Looking for similar now!

Hi,
Wondering how those who have posted previously have fared in finding such space to rent. We are recently arrived in Delray/Boynton area and looking for similar space now. Would appreciate any help or guidance.
Namaste!

Old 09-18-2014, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 6,085 times
Looking to open a doggie daycare/live space(must a a small fenced in.yard)..having trouble finding a house that is zoned for this or a warehouse...can anyone make any suggestions to assist???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach